Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Planer Board Mast Question

Message Subject: Planer Board Mast Question
Walleye Boy
Posted 4/15/2006 5:34 PM (#42430)
Subject: Planer Board Mast Question

I am thinking of getting a planer board mast and was wondering if i got a seat post and mounted that to the mast I could have a nice quick release mast without having to bolt to the floor. I am wondering if this will be strong enough to support the rig.

Thanks,

Dave
Top of the page Bottom of the page
marbleye
Posted 4/15/2006 6:16 PM (#42431 - in reply to #42430)
Subject: RE: Planer Board Mast Question

I used to use a mask that went into my seat post and it worked great. The only thing i wish was different was i would have liked it a little higher but other than that it was fine.
JAKE
Posted 4/17/2006 12:56 PM (#42467 - in reply to #42430)

my first mast i had mounted to use the front base. it was a homemade mast and i made it so it want all the way through the base and into an extension that came up fron the floor in the storage under it. big-jon makes a taper adaptor for their mast that bolts on. i would do some kind of reinforcing of the floor in the base area if you decide to mount the mast there.
WalleyeFisher03
Posted 4/20/2006 8:12 PM (#42682 - in reply to #42430)

Hey, using a pedastal seat mount is fine, but I have a few suggestions that overtime I discovered with mine. Number one, make sure it is a nice size pedastal, like what Lund or Crestliner uses. Number two, use a strap or a rope that goes from the top of the mast, to the bow hook. That prevents screws pulling out from your floor(found from experience). And, if you want to buy a mast that is fine, but mine was welded out of 1.5" stainless steel, and then I just bought some "V" Pulleyes from Fleet Farm, and put those on for reels. I realize that not all people have the ability to make it, but it is something to think about.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)