Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> The bears

Message Subject: The bears
guido
Posted 1/27/2007 8:35 AM (#50987 - in reply to #50572)
Subject: RE: The bears

shep, what happened to the saints? hahahah any word on favre watch 2007?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
stacker
Posted 1/27/2007 9:15 AM (#50989 - in reply to #50682)
Subject: Re: The bears

i love it - 1/17/2007 6:41 PM

I love it when the best thing a packer fan can come up with is "bears still suck", it's code for "we suck, and i'm not smart enough to say anything intelligent to express my feelings of embarassment".

Have fun watching the sucky bears in the super bowl from your ice house.

hahahahahahaahahahahahaha that is a good one. I agree.

cubbies blue is good!! for the NL anyhow.
Shep
Posted 1/29/2007 8:27 AM (#51018 - in reply to #50989)

Well, the Bears are what Lovie thought they were. Pretty good defense played against the Saints. I think the Saints passed to much. 26 didn't get nearly enough touches. And the Saints D-Line just got whupped all day, especially when they got tired later. Congrats to the Bears.

No, go out and put Manning on his backside. Early and often!
john mannerino
Posted 1/30/2007 5:22 AM (#51041 - in reply to #51018)

The guy(Manning) is hard to get to,reads the blitz very well,but so did Brees. Flushing him out of the pocket will be the key to the bears victory. His passing percentage drops off the table on the run. Also he likes to work the middle of the field. A couple of good SOLID hits on those crossing patterns will make a big difference.
Zach we need a contest to see who comes closest with the total points or something!!!
Football Fan
Posted 2/4/2007 9:50 PM (#51171 - in reply to #50572)

Let me be the first to Congratulate the Chicago Bears on an outstanding performance in the rain soaked Super Bowl. I would have done the same thing and stayed home just like they did instead of showing up and playing defense. But just like the Cubbies, we have next season to look forward to. I knew we were in trouble going into this game when we could not even beat the hapless Packers at the end of the season when we should have been performaning at a peak. So till next season, here's to the 85 Bears, true Superbowl Champs.
guess
Posted 2/5/2007 7:44 AM (#51174 - in reply to #50572)

Nope there is no code hidden in the phrase"the bears still suck" the bear have a petent on that phrase and 4 ever will be known the only superbowl the won was in 85. Sorry bears fans nobody who loses the superbowl comes back the next year and wins it! Just wont happen that was your chance and your lucky year for trick plays................is over and you still suck! Rex is the worse QB in all football for Big game pressure situations......... HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahawhhops now i feel bad cause i'm acting like the typical bears fan
yup
Posted 2/5/2007 8:06 AM (#51175 - in reply to #50572)

Ha Ha Ha a Ha where are the bears fans this morning............there all crabbie and pissed off so now we will have to live with this for a week or two like always when the bears lose................LOSERS
Shep
Posted 2/5/2007 8:09 AM (#51176 - in reply to #51174)

I thought the Bears D played pretty well, for about a quarter and 1/2. But after 5 three and outs, they got worn down. The game was over at halftime, even with the missed FG. I hated to see the Colts win, as I still think Manning is a huge whiner. He looked like he was angry the whole game. Even on completions, he was whining about something. Anybody got a clue why?

Bears were outcoached. When they needed to start on defense hard, they couldn't get off the field. Grossman has to be the worst QB to ever start a SB.
Gordy
Posted 2/5/2007 8:23 AM (#51178 - in reply to #51176)

I'm right here (Bears fan), I have NO PROBLEM with the way the team I chear for played this year. NONE! I hear from all the fans of the Pack and Vikes, and all I hear is jealous fans pounding their chest like they had something to do with this years out come. Fact is the Bears did exacly what every team tries every year to do (put yourself in position to win) As soon as you you get to 10 wins in season (again) then you can make the playoffs, until then you should'nt be pounding your chests at anytime!

On a side note, I thought the Refs handed the Colts the game and that Manning is horrilbe and the Colts were the luckest team in league and played the softest schedule, DID I forget anything????
Loueye
Posted 2/5/2007 8:39 AM (#51179 - in reply to #51178)

"The Bears are exactly who we thought they were. If you want to crown their ass, then crown their ass"!!!

My numbers didnt hit on any boards, the commercials werent very good, the 'over' missed by 2 points and I have a head ache today. They should make the day after the Superbowl a national holiday.
Colts
Posted 2/5/2007 9:20 AM (#51180 - in reply to #50572)

Gordy I'm colts fan this has nothing to do with pack or viking fans! We kicked your arss all over the field after the second quarter. Refs called a decent game certainly wasnt that many bad calls so stop your whinning and get over the fact this has nothing to do with cracker fans or viqueen fans. COLTS RULE
jerry
Posted 2/5/2007 9:25 AM (#51181 - in reply to #51179)

A few observations:

The MVP should have gone to Addai and Rhodes. The game plan to run at Urlacher instead of running wide is the reason they won. Yes, Manning made some plays when he had to, but without the running game the Colts would not have won.

Manning - I love his attitude on the field. Never happy, bitching at the officials and other players, etc. He reminds me of the greatest athlete and competitor I've ever had the pleasure to watch and cheer for: Michael Jordan. I was fortunate enough to be a Bulls season ticket holder back in the late 80's and early 90's. You wanna talk about a guy who wanted to kill ever opponent on the floor? That's what I see in Manning: anything less than perfection isn't good enough.

The Bears - Congratulations to the Bears and their fans on a great season. Other than a few late games shoves by Tank Johnson they carried themselves with class in victory and defeat. They are a definite reflection fo their coach. If I were the Bears I'd do whatever it takes to sign Lovie to a long term deal. Otherwise Jerry Jones will sink his claws into him by the end of the week.

Tony Dungy - Out of everyone on the field last night I was happier for this guy than anyone else. He is a total class act. After dealing with the suicide of his son last year and the cheap shot firing by Tampa Bay when he had that team on the verge of winning it all, he's stayed composed, maintained his class, and got what he deserved. My hats off to him and the Colts organization.

Gordy
Posted 2/5/2007 9:42 AM (#51183 - in reply to #51180)

Colts - 2/5/2007 9:20 AM

Gordy I'm colts fan this has nothing to do with pack or viking fans! We kicked your arss all over the field after the second quarter. Refs called a decent game certainly wasnt that many bad calls so stop your whinning and get over the fact this has nothing to do with cracker fans or viqueen fans. COLTS RULE

Not whinning at all! It was tounge and cheek> related to another thread where, the Bears were ripped apart by backers of the other teams mentioned! It's all good today, I'm still happy for the team I cheer on, they made the "Big game" even when everyone said they would'nt!
jerry
Posted 2/5/2007 9:53 AM (#51185 - in reply to #51183)

Gordy's playing the spin factor game again!!!!!
Gordy
Posted 2/5/2007 9:59 AM (#51186 - in reply to #51185)

jerry - 2/5/2007 9:53 AM

Gordy's playing the spin factor game again!!!!!

NO, Jerry I would'nt do that! lol
The Jigger
Posted 2/5/2007 10:41 AM (#51190 - in reply to #50572)

I watched all the Groosman bashing all week by the so called expert's on TV and the packers backers(hate them), that jumped on the ban wagon. In his first full season as a starting QB, realy his rookie season and take them to the Super Bowl was priceless for the experence that well only make him a better QB. I looked up some facts on QB's rookie seasons just to compare...Farve,Manning,Groosman. I used Farves 1993 stats, in 1992 farve shared time with Majowski at QB.

The future looks brite for Groosman and I hope this kids putts all the Rex haters back in there place someday...

Att. Comp. Yds comp% TD INT Rating

2006 Grossman 480 262 3193 54.6 23 20 73.9

1993 Farve 522 318 3303 60.9 19 24 72.2

1998 Manning 575 326 3739 56.7 26 28 71.2
Rex wants to be a Qb
Posted 2/5/2007 10:49 AM (#51191 - in reply to #50572)

Jigger after rex has played 10 plus years in the league with out being hurt and has 4 or 5 division titles, 3 or 4 conference championships you cant compare him with great QB's in the league until then . In my humble opinion he's just average qb that had one average season who played on a team that has great defense and special teams. Imagine if the bears had Garcia on there team as there Qb
Shep
Posted 2/5/2007 11:21 AM (#51193 - in reply to #51190)

I agree with jerry on the MVP. Should have been Rhodes, IMO. Probably the most mediocre of stats for a SB MVP winning QB. Certainly not one of his better games. I guess he was was upset with the play calling. Too conservative for him. But look what happened when they let him open it up to start the game. INT! Then Moore kept the passes short and controlled, and kept him on his feet. PO's Manning, but won the game that way.

Who'd have thought the Colts, the finesse team, would have outhit the Bears, the Monsters of the Midway? They dominated both lines, the whole game. How did that happen? Run at Erlacher, and you will be successful. If those big bodies up front can't clog it up for him, he's not so great. He sure can run, though.

As for Gross Rexman, I'll give him another year to show what kind of QB he is. But I'm not sure the Bears will. hehehe His 3rd year. I can't help it he got hurt his first two years. Deer in the headlights was the look most of the game.

As for Dungy. OK, he finally got there and won. I don't think the Bucs were wrong in firing him. He had 6 years to get there with dominating defenses, and didn't get it done. A year later, Gruden came in, and won it all. Ain't done squat since, but he did get it done. Not so sure Dungy could have, with that offense.
bears fan
Posted 2/5/2007 2:25 PM (#51198 - in reply to #51191)

Rex wants to be a Qb - 2/5/2007 10:49 AM

Jigger after rex has played 10 plus years in the league with out being hurt and has 4 or 5 division titles, 3 or 4 conference championships you cant compare him with great QB's in the league until then . In my humble opinion he's just average qb that had one average season who played on a team that has great defense and special teams. Imagine if the bears had Garcia on there team as there Qb :-O

They would have been home watching the super bowl with your teams.....

Yup they kept that defense on the field forever it seemed and that hurt them badly. Don't count out a player that hasn't been around just remember all qb's suck at the start of there career. Excluding the lucky Brady. So lets look forward to next year and hopefully they can make the playoffs again. Barring the Lions dont get on track. Because noone else in the division has the tallent to take down the monsters of the midway yet.
john mannerino
Posted 2/5/2007 5:18 PM (#51208 - in reply to #50572)

I`m a bears fan and i`m still here. We were out coached all game and good ol Rex stunk up the place. I think it was his worst game all year. Anyway, we still made it to the big show and thats more than other NFC team can say. It was a fun ride while it lasted. Now,,,GO CUBBIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jack Dunn
Posted 2/5/2007 7:00 PM (#51210 - in reply to #51208)

It wasn't just Rex's worst game this year. The defense gets to share that label with him too! They did not look anything like the 3rd best scoring defense in the league this year.

The interesting thing about this is, and its a "new" record. The Colts are the first SB Champion that beat the top 3 scoring defenses in the league during their run to the S.B. title. Chicago was rated the #3 scoring defense this year.
Denver
Posted 2/6/2007 9:25 AM (#51220 - in reply to #51208)

Yup, I'm still here with ya Johnny, we lost and we did not look good after the first quarter. They kept our defense on the field to much. Who's to blame well I go with the offensive calls they had. But you can also say it was the turnovers after a turnover. Well just have to see next season like everyone else now. Had fun for a while.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)