Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> first 2 walleye

Message Subject: first 2 walleye
Walleyekid
Posted 6/10/2007 10:04 PM (#57095)
Subject: first 2 walleye

caught my first 2 walleye this weekend and man am i hooked the French River is a great lake for walleye befor i was born my dad caught a 8 lb walleye on a UL and the to eyes i caught this weekend i would have kept but they were like a half in under the slaught limit so i let them go because they will be breaders next year
Top of the page Bottom of the page
sworrall
Posted 6/10/2007 10:12 PM (#57098 - in reply to #57095)
Subject: RE: first 2 walleye

Good job, kid, any pictures? How did you catch them; what baits did you use?
Shep
Posted 6/11/2007 2:25 PM (#57129 - in reply to #57098)

That's up by Lake Nippissing, correct. Great walleye fishery there. I fished it back in 86, and had a blast. That's when I had a 84 Mr Pike, with a 50 Merc Classic. That was a hot boat back then!
Posted 6/11/2007 8:46 PM (#57156 - in reply to #57095)

i used the good old minnow sinker and hook and i didnt get any pics cuz pops forgot cellphone at cottage o well and im looking for good lures to buy got any site links and or specific lures to get and yes its in between Georgian Bay and lake Nip
Muskie-kid
Posted 6/11/2007 8:57 PM (#57157 - in reply to #57095)
Subject: Re: first 2 walleye

New User

that was me
Shep
Posted 6/12/2007 8:59 AM (#57198 - in reply to #57157)

Cool. When I was there, albeit a long time ago, we did really well casting jigs and crawlers to the structure between the islands in the river protion. I do remember one spot on Lake Nip. There is a huge boulder that sticks out of the water like 15 feet or more. I think I remember. hehehe We fished on the north side in the morning, and pounded the eyes.

We fished with an Indian guide names Archie Stevens. I still have his name and number on the piece of paper bag he wrote on. He had never seen a flasher before. He was a quick learner, and by the second hour, he was lining up his landmarks, and looking at the locator at the same time. He said he adjusted his locations a bit after seeing the flasher at work. He worked hard for us, and we had a great day.
Muskie-kid
Posted 6/16/2007 12:04 PM (#57404 - in reply to #57095)

New User

anyone know any good trolling and casting lures
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)