Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> FLW Tour 2008: Where will they go?

Message Subject: FLW Tour 2008: Where will they go?
jerry
Posted 6/17/2007 7:23 PM (#57452)
Subject: FLW Tour 2008: Where will they go?

Throughout the tour this year there have been many rumors about where the tour will go in 2008: back to Bull Shoals, Winnebago, Mille Lacs, Saginaw Bay, Lake Oahe, Lake Francis Case, or Sharpe, etc....along with possibly dropping Devils Lake, Detroit River, or Red Wing from the schedule. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on this? Also, there was word back in 2006 of adding an event or two to the schedule, but that topic has cooled this year. Do you think they might fish 5 or 6 events next year?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
eyekatcher
Posted 6/17/2007 7:40 PM (#57454 - in reply to #57452)
Subject: Re: FLW Tour 2008: Where will they go?

Jerry,

I would like so see them come to Winnecone like the PWT does. Great location, and always good crowds at the weigh in

I think with the addition of the league events the FLW is going in the right direction great staff, great events and it seems to get better every year. Maybe we should put a bug in Sonny's ear for a Bago chain event on the Tour whats your thoughts.

WalleyeHunter
Posted 6/17/2007 7:40 PM (#57455 - in reply to #57452)
Subject: RE: FLW Tour 2008: Where will they go?

I never heard anything about the 5 or 6 events, but I did hear there was a possibility of dropping Devils Lake for 2008, and maybe Detroit River. Sounded like they were either going to go to Mille Lacs or out to Bismarck to replace Devils. Thats what I heard anyways...Im not sure, Im not a tour fisherman, but I hear a little bit through a few friends.
Mark O.
Posted 6/18/2007 7:51 AM (#57481 - in reply to #57455)

I talked to Mark Dorn a couple years back at the Green Bay event. He said that they would love to come back to Winnebago, but Wisconsin has some kind of law that won't allow them to hold a 4 day tournament on inland waters. It would be great if they could get the state to drop that rule. What about replacing Detroit River with Spring Valley? They always had a good turnout at that event when they were there.
Jayman
Posted 6/18/2007 10:02 AM (#57495 - in reply to #57452)
Subject: Re: FLW Tour 2008: Where will they go?

Purely personal opinion.........with that said, 4 events leave it that way. Many of the guys don't have the money and time to do more than 4 events. The PWT has played around with the number of events inthe past and it's struggeld to fill 'em all. The FLW is filling them all. Why mess with what's working?

Secondly, MN, WI, and MI All host FLW league divisions. To get more players in the sport, they need to continue to grow the sports. Bringing the tour in "town" to these areas will help fill the league events by creating more interest. Not by trying to fill a league event event with hal fthe field as pro's. Many of the League players are aspiring touring pro's, give 'em the chance to see it and the opportunity to "play".

2008 schedule (crystal ball view)
2nd week in May Green Bay (some where's either Escanaba/marinette, Green Bay) Substitute, Bago at will if the DNR don't care.
3rd week in June Big Stone, it's been awhile since a big toureny has been here.
3rd/4th week July Mississippi river moline to redwing, pick a spot. (gotta have a river tourney, test their skills with a different time of the year.
3rd/4th week in Aug Saginaw Bay lunch further north than linwood.

3rd 4th week in Sept/1st weekend Oct. Championship Chequomegon (sp?) bay, big fish, new water.

Edited by Jayman 6/18/2007 10:05 AM
Westerner
Posted 6/18/2007 11:59 AM (#57501 - in reply to #57452)

I would like to see the FLW go to six events with a true East and West division. Split the boundry with the Mississippi. There are alot of us sticks from the western states that have had to retire for a couple of years due to all of the travel to the eastern destinations. Can you imagine Fort peck, Columbia river, Lake powell, to name a few as a line up for the western division. When the PWT did this the fields were full and everyone seemed happy with a combined championship.
WalleyeHunter
Posted 6/18/2007 12:29 PM (#57504 - in reply to #57452)

I think the schedule they have now seems to work well from what I hear. As for the first event there are only certain waters open at the time of the Detroit River tourney, Red Wing is good, keeping one in the Dakotas is good, and then a great lakes event...That can fit all of our fishin styles if you ask me. Just my $.02! Good Luck and see ya on the water
jerry
Posted 6/18/2007 2:36 PM (#57517 - in reply to #57504)

My best guess for next year is as follows: Bull Shoals in April, Red Wing in May, Lake Oahe in June, and Bay de Noc in July. I do not have any inside information, just guessing like everyone else.
WalleyeHunter
Posted 6/19/2007 11:50 AM (#57575 - in reply to #57452)

Anymore news on 2008 Tour? Im wanting to fish as a co next year but from what I am hearing I might save my money for a different schedule.
Rumor Has It
Posted 6/19/2007 6:43 PM (#57595 - in reply to #57452)

1. April-Lake Erie/Port Clinton
2. May-Lake Sharpe/Pierre
3. June-Mille Lacs/Izaty's
4. July-Saginaw Bay/Tawas
5. Aug-Sault St. Marie (IF there is a 5th event added)
Justin Gaiche
Posted 6/19/2007 9:29 PM (#57601 - in reply to #57595)

If Winnebago is catagorized as federally navigable water by the coast guard making it a must to have a captain's license to guide on, then how can it be considered inland water????? No fights, just a thought. I say let the tournament happen. The fish are only getting bigger and more exciting to hear about. It would be great for the state.
flw guy
Posted 6/21/2007 12:15 PM (#57673 - in reply to #57452)

Oh please let the rumor be true with 5 tournies and those sites. PLEASE
Rich S
Posted 6/21/2007 2:27 PM (#57678 - in reply to #57673)

I would like to see:
April-bago
May-bago
June-bago
July-Bago
Championship-Neshkoro mill pond
jerry
Posted 6/21/2007 2:40 PM (#57679 - in reply to #57678)

Neshkoro Mill Pond???? Could we have the weigh-in at Nappy's???
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)