Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> High Taxes on Anglers!!

Message Subject: High Taxes on Anglers!!
Fishing Fanatics
Posted 11/12/2008 8:29 AM (#74707)
Subject: High Taxes on Anglers!!

If you'd like to see where a portion of your taxes from marine and tackle purchases goes read these articles:

Part 1

http://bass.outdoorsfirst.com/articles/11.12.2008/1831/NPO.Profile:...

Part 2

http://bass.outdoorsfirst.com/articles/11.12.2008/1832/NPO.Profile:...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
walleye247
Posted 11/14/2008 8:51 AM (#74765 - in reply to #74707)
Subject: Re: High Taxes on Anglers!!

I am not sure of what point you are trying to make with the "high taxes" label on your post. Just to clarify this program is a trust fund that receives monies through a combination of various sources, but the 2 major one’s are fishing and boating excise taxes and maybe more importantly motorboat gas taxes. At least in WI, a portion of gas tax dollars for each gallon of gas sold throughout the State, is allocated as "marine gas" those funds are provided to both the WDNR and this program. I have always thought is was a good program for anglers on the State and Federal level, my only concern is that the percentage split could have been higher to benefit boaters. So in nutshell rather than your gas tax dollars for gas you put in your boat going to WDOT to build and maintain roads, they are allocated for water, lakes, shoreland/wetland and fisheries improvement programs. I guess I see that as being O.K. in my book, but that just my 2 cents for what it is worth….
Fishing Fanatics
Posted 11/14/2008 9:32 AM (#74768 - in reply to #74765)
Subject: Re: High Taxes on Anglers!!

Walleye,

It's called a tease so you read the article.

I worked for the RBFF in the past and launched their grassroots campaign with Anglers' Legacy. I am very aware of how they are funded.

The RBFF is not a trust fund, it's an independent 501 C3 non-profit corporation who receives their funding through the Sport Fish Restoration and Boating Trust Fund, and is administered by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service (USFWS) according to a Memorandum of Understanding between RBFF, the SFBPC, the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies and the USFWS.

You can donate money to the RBFF and they can certainly attempt to try and raise funds as well.

Edited by Fishing Fanatics 11/14/2008 9:41 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)