Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Companies way of saying Merry Chistmas

Message Subject: Companies way of saying Merry Chistmas
STINGER(WI)
Posted 12/4/2008 11:25 AM (#75412)
Subject: Companies way of saying Merry Chistmas

After nineteen years of service my company wanted to do something special for me so they eliminated my position and let me go. Always seems they enjoy doing that around the holidays.

Now I can get my kitchen cabinets up and plan a new career. I was in printing sales and estimating.

I hope everyone has an awesome day!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
saugers2
Posted 12/4/2008 12:24 PM (#75414 - in reply to #75412)
Subject: Re: Companies way of saying Merry Chistmas

sorry man...losing a job is miserable, especially this time of year.

Unfortunately, I fear we will see more posts just like this in next 6 months.
Rich S
Posted 12/4/2008 1:26 PM (#75416 - in reply to #75412)

Craig,
I am so sorry to hear this. Hang in there, I am sure things will work out for you.
sworrall
Posted 12/4/2008 6:23 PM (#75426 - in reply to #75412)

Sometimes an event like this one is a blessing in disguise;hope everything works out for you!
EF Swagee
Posted 12/4/2008 8:11 PM (#75431 - in reply to #75412)
Subject: RE: Companies way of saying Merry Chistmas

Sorry for your loss. Hang in there brother.
same boat
Posted 12/5/2008 8:11 AM (#75436 - in reply to #75412)

your not alone, i was forced to shut the doors of my business of 17 years as of dec 1! it was a tough desision but when you can make more money collecting unemployment than you will make from projected income over the next few months it was a move that i had to make. bills dont pay themselves! the industry i was in has a very bleek outlook at best. i am confident that there will be jobs availible to those who are hard workers so my advise is to be aggresive in looking! good luck! your not alone!
Croton
Posted 12/5/2008 10:53 AM (#75439 - in reply to #75412)

Hey, you need to get into fishing pro walleye tournaments and outdoor sports promotions. I heard you can make some real good 6 digit income money and be famous all over the country while somebody pays you to speak in front of people while people ask you for autographs. You stay in fancy hotels and have an unlimited expense account for all your needs. You get free boats and motors too. When you get some experience in a few years, young hot single girls scream your name when you show up for personal apppearances at all the fishing sports shows. All you have to do is start writing letters to fishing abd hunting companies and they send you any amount of money you request as long as you can catch some fish and speak to the eager masses about your latest techniques.

When you are not traveling and making the big bucks, you have all the time in the world to fish and hunt and people write outdoor stories about your adventures, plus they pay YOU to write about you!

You sound like an ideal candidate for this rewarding career. This could be your blessing in disguise.

STINGER(WI)
Posted 12/5/2008 12:34 PM (#75443 - in reply to #75439)

Croton,

You will have to help me fine tune my technique. The tourney fishing is fun and can even put cash in the pockets every now and then. But, my dumb luck I always get stuck in the cheap hotels, eating fast food and getting chased by big women when I take their parking spot or the last desert at the buffet.:)

The seminar trails are great, but I could never charge the kids to teach them this great sport. The smiles are way better then the $$. Remember, they are our future.

Thanks for the great idea, I will have to ponder on that idea some. Thanks for the tip!

T-Mac
Posted 12/5/2008 1:18 PM (#75446 - in reply to #75412)

Stinger,
After yakking to you in the chat room (at the other place) for years... I feel like I know you.
Sorry to hear this, man.
Hang in there. If you were with them for 19 years, you must be a darn a good man...and somebody will notice that!
Make (of have a pro do it) a really good resume. It is more important now than ever.
Good luck.
T-Mac
STINGER(WI)
Posted 12/5/2008 1:22 PM (#75447 - in reply to #75446)

Hey T-Mac!

How the heck have you been? Boy, its been a long time. How is the business? Thanks for the kind words I appreciate it!

Take care and nice to hear from you again!
RedNeckTech
Posted 12/5/2008 8:45 PM (#75453 - in reply to #75412)

Stinger,

Very sorry to here the news. I'm not sure if you are receiving a severance pay or not, but if you need I can spare $100 a month for you until you get back on track. I know it's not much but I'm hoping it would help. I would not expect it to be payed back. Just PM me if you need.
STINGER(WI)
Posted 12/5/2008 10:55 PM (#75454 - in reply to #75453)

Steve,

Thanks for the awesome gesture. I am getting a vey minimal severance package, but I guess its better then nothing. I was smart to put a little away for a rainy day. I will just have to stop eating out. lol

Take care and thanks again bud!
RedNeckTech off line
Posted 12/5/2008 11:07 PM (#75455 - in reply to #75454)

The offer stands if you need it, just contact me.

Take good care!
Dan
Posted 12/6/2008 12:06 AM (#75456 - in reply to #75412)

Sorry to hear about the bum luck but good people come out of situations like this stronger and better off. What a nice gesture from the red neck tech. Dont take this personally it is simply business and one that is trying to become profitable again.
Dale
Posted 12/6/2008 6:14 AM (#75458 - in reply to #75412)

Stinger, Like T-Mac wrote, the fact that you were on the job for 19 years speaks loudly for itself. Hope things work out for you.
Juls_OH
Posted 12/6/2008 8:42 AM (#75460 - in reply to #75412)

When one door closes another one opens...
Just think positive and look at this as an opportunity. Good things do come to good people...and, you are "good people".
Good luck!

Juls
STINGER(WI)
Posted 12/6/2008 8:57 AM (#75461 - in reply to #75460)

Hey Juls! Now I have that time to go ice fishing with you. Will meet at the Happy Barn at 5am Sunday. lol Ahh, the good ole days. My son came across the old Trophy Bass game last night and asked if I ever played it and i told him I won more tournies on that game than in real life. Remember when we had that league on the other site.

Take care my friend!

Dan and Dale, I would also like to thank you for your kind thoughts.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)