Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Bassmaster Classic

Message Subject: Bassmaster Classic
KHedquist
Posted 2/23/2009 6:28 AM (#77912)
Subject: Bassmaster Classic

Did you watch the Bassmaster Classic on ESPN2? Holy Smokes did you see the line to get into the Colosseum? It was a couple blocks long.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rich S
Posted 2/23/2009 6:44 AM (#77913 - in reply to #77912)
Subject: Re: Bassmaster Classic

The show was awesome but the final weigh-in was anyting but exciting. How could they not hold Iconnelli until the end?? Our whole family sat up and watched it. My son could not believe how those boats were bouncing off the stumps.
TJ DeVoe
Posted 2/23/2009 6:51 AM (#77914 - in reply to #77912)

They always go bottom to top on the final day, have for as long as I can remember.

I was glued to the web all weekend with all the live coverage they had. I was disappointed to see you had to have ESPN360 in order to get the live stream, very disappointing, however I did listen to the whole weigh-in which was I guess the next best thing. The show was good but not enough time was spent on the weigh-in, in my opinion. Sure wish I could have been there!
Mr. Darboy
Posted 2/23/2009 9:30 AM (#77932 - in reply to #77914)

I also stayed up to watch it, was rooting for Ike to pull it out, but was happy to see Skeet win. Seems like a class guy.

I agree on the weigh in part, they seemed to rush through the contestants and in my opinion, spent too much time having Mark and Tommy disect what everyone was doing. I'd rather see the build up and suspense at the weigh in tank than listen to what 2 guys have to offer for comments. Sure it's nice to see what the fisherman are doing, but we don't need them to over analyze everything for us.

I did see those lines to get into the coliseum, would be great to see the walleye game get to that level someday. It will be very cool to see how AIM does with the interactive final day where us fans can "ride along" from our computer.
Rich S
Posted 2/23/2009 9:34 AM (#77933 - in reply to #77912)

Well I can tell you this, I could care less about seeing the actual fish at the weigh-in. Being able to watch them catch the fish on the big screen would have made it much more exciting. Not having live fish to contend with would have given them more time to really build the excitement.

Ike is the man and like him or not he makes bass fishing very exciting to watch. My son got a real kick out of him.
eye lunker
Posted 2/23/2009 9:36 AM (#77934 - in reply to #77912)
Subject: RE: Bassmaster Classic

Tj when you going to give the tourny thingie a shot and fish a few?
JHJ
Posted 2/23/2009 1:17 PM (#77944 - in reply to #77912)

I wonder how Brian Snowden would have done if his day was not cut short? I think he took third.
JHJ
jshoe
Posted 2/23/2009 1:28 PM (#77945 - in reply to #77912)

tourney was awesome definately less of the two announcers and more fishing would be great, or take some of their talking time and show more of the weigh-in.
TJ DeVoe
Posted 2/23/2009 1:32 PM (#77946 - in reply to #77945)

More information and official press release here:

http://bass.outdoorsfirst.com/
GNWC Rookie
Posted 2/23/2009 2:20 PM (#77948 - in reply to #77946)

It was a great event as usual. I'm not the biggest Skeet Reese fan though. He's a heck of a stick, but the constant break dancing, screaming and foolishness wear on me after a while, so the guys in 1st and 2nd didn't do a whole lot for me.

One of my all time favorite all around anglers (who's won both major Walleye and Bass events), Mike McClelland finished 4th. I still can't believe KVD had such a bad day one and just missed the cut. Having him in the mix makes every single event that much better.

This is the only bass fishing tournament I watch all year, because of how good it is.
steve
Posted 2/23/2009 2:27 PM (#77949 - in reply to #77912)

that's a different mike macross
GNWC Rookie
Posted 2/23/2009 2:34 PM (#77950 - in reply to #77949)

Ah, So it is. I stand by my other statements though. Thanks for the correction.
fibtat
Posted 2/23/2009 4:21 PM (#77956 - in reply to #77912)

While not a bass angler,I did enjoy the coverage. It was better then most fishing shows.I am curious as to whether entry to the weigh-in is free or do people pay an addmission fee.
Posted 2/23/2009 9:32 PM (#77971 - in reply to #77912)

was glad to see our boy from Iowa up there, way to go, happy to see people from the midwest in the top 25
thumper
Posted 2/24/2009 8:32 AM (#77981 - in reply to #77932)

Mr. Darboy - 2/23/2009 9:30 AM

I did see those lines to get into the coliseum, would be great to see the walleye game get to that level someday. It will be very cool to see how AIM does with the interactive final day where us fans can "ride along" from our computer.

Walleye fishing will never catch on in mainstream America.

Your Friends,

Soccer and Indy Car Racing

BeFishin
Posted 2/24/2009 10:05 AM (#77986 - in reply to #77981)

Thumper - you've been emailing the Jim Rome show WAY TOO MUCH!

You either get the triple U or we're going to have to block you
thumper
Posted 2/24/2009 10:28 AM (#77989 - in reply to #77912)

I wish I got to hear his show...once in a while I'll catch a bit at lunch. I'll admit, that was unfunny, uninspired and almost unreadable...please don't block me.
bagz
Posted 2/24/2009 12:45 PM (#77994 - in reply to #77981)

Ride along from my computer? Not gonna happen. Ride along in my recliner, looking at the hd widescreen, you bet. I watched the final day of the classic, and it was pretty darn good. I don't fish bass, but dang it, that was entertaining. Caught myself howling with Iaconelli for cripes sake. That's the grip they wanted. I don't get the same from walleye tv coverage, and I love to fish for them. What are they missing?
saugers2
Posted 2/25/2009 9:41 AM (#78033 - in reply to #77994)

bagz - 2/24/2009 12:45 PMCaught myself howling with Iaconelli for cripes sake. That's the grip they wanted. I don't get the same from walleye tv coverage, and I love to fish for them. What are they missing?

1. The cast, pitch or flip.

2. The jump in the line when the fish eats the bait.

3. The "cross their eyes" hookset.

4. Flipping the fish in the boat.

Of course I have wore out this convo on another thread. And it was prime time with millions spent on build up....hard to compete with that.
Doc Samson
Posted 2/26/2009 4:29 PM (#78079 - in reply to #78033)

I was in one of those lines the last day. I really enjoyed myself. The Classis is a classic. They have more people watching the boats get backed into the river in the morning than I see at a walleye championship weigh-in. Admission is free for the take-off, weigh-in and the sport show. The sport show was packed worth going to. And I got to wear sandals 2 out of 3 days!
willyd5
Posted 2/26/2009 7:10 PM (#78083 - in reply to #77912)

Yeah SKEET!!!!!! That dude has been striving for that for a long time. I am very happy for him!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)