Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Destinations and Fishing Reports -> Tuffy Boats -> front baitwell in 1760GC...

Message Subject: front baitwell in 1760GC...
iceman35
Posted 5/10/2009 5:27 PM (#81238)
Subject: front baitwell in 1760GC...

been out 6 times in the new boat and love it! quick question... front starboard compartment... baitwell right? has a filter screen in it... can some body give me the how of filling it and draining it?
compartment light and livewell light... how do you turn them on?
boat is running great... been out in 30mph winds the last few days and boat goes great in the waves... that rev 4 prop might not be fast but man it shoots the boat on plane!
trailer is the easiest to load of any boat trailer combo I've ever had...
pics will be on the way when somebody tells me the secret technique for posting pics...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
KHedquist
Posted 5/10/2009 5:43 PM (#81240 - in reply to #81238)
Subject: RE: front baitwell in 1760GC...

I think it a cooler, at least my 1890 is
TJ DeVoe
Posted 5/10/2009 6:28 PM (#81243 - in reply to #81238)
Subject: Re: front baitwell in 1760GC...

Moreyes is correct, that is a cooler. There is no fill on that but if one wanted to plug the hole, you could use it for a bait well, just won't be able to put freshwater in with a push of a button.

You need to have either the anchor light on or the nav light on in order for the lights in the livewell and the rod locker to come on. I believe it's the anchor light button on the console pad.
KHedquist
Posted 5/10/2009 8:23 PM (#81247 - in reply to #81243)

Yep like TJ said, missed the light question
iceman35
Posted 5/11/2009 5:58 AM (#81248 - in reply to #81247)

thanks guys, well how about the smaller compartment rear of that, that looks like a cooler, with a small drain plug... the filter screen in the front one is definitly different... I don't want want to put a bunch of lures in there and have it fill up with water... I ran the livewells this weekend and when I looked in there a small amount of water was in there... may have been condensation but wanna be sure... I'm out again after work, I'll investigate more...
KHedquist
Posted 5/11/2009 6:07 AM (#81249 - in reply to #81248)

Probably condensation, odd never had a problem with condensation. Let them air dry and check it out again

We still need some pics
lambeau
Posted 5/11/2009 7:54 AM (#81254 - in reply to #81238)
Subject: RE: front baitwell in 1760GC...

the front starboard is a cooler; the drain screen is there so that as your ice melts it'll drain into the bilge.
the rear starboard compartment is dry storage. the small rubber gasket is a one-way drain valve that allows water out if you get some in there but doesn't allow any to get in from the bilge. there's similar one-way drain valves in your large port storage compartment and in the rod locker.
iceman35
Posted 5/11/2009 6:59 PM (#81280 - in reply to #81238)

thanks guys all questions answered... moreyes, you get an email titled "my tuffy' those are my pics to post...
thanks for the info guys... been out 4 days in a row with the boat... wind, wind, wind, wind... Also 2 thunderstorms... boat is a blast... topping out at about 47 mph right now...
TJ DeVoe
Posted 5/11/2009 7:02 PM (#81281 - in reply to #81280)

iceman, you said your running a four blade prop? Rev 4 I'm assuming? If you do decide you want to change that, a 19 pitch tempest should be what your looking for. That should get that rig at or a touch over 50mph.
iceman35
Posted 5/12/2009 5:56 AM (#81295 - in reply to #81281)

thanks TJ... I'll look into it... got a merc dealer who'll let me borrow props to try out... with this 4 blade, I'm right up to the rev limit... I haven't really let it wind out much either... BUT... summer heat is coming, full livewells, boat loaded with everything... I do love the way this thing blasts on plane... Also have the option of removing rear deck insert... that takes 80#s outa the back... The tuffy allows for a quick change like that... She says standing on the livewell and rear of boat will probably be enough...
I may get that tempest for calm tournament days...
Got a LOT of questions about the boat yesterday... first time at the ramp with people there... lots of tuffy who what and where's... they all were impressed... told them a similar priced and rigged lund at the dealer up the road would get you .53% of a lund...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)