Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> Walleye Boats and Motors -> Looking for a boat?????????

Message Subject: Looking for a boat?????????
Mike
Posted 6/26/2009 2:59 PM (#82702)
Subject: Looking for a boat?????????

Im looking for a family boat that is still a competitive fishing rig. I live in Ohio and love Lake Erie,but also enjoy inland lakes . The boats that im considerating are LUND 19ft prov and the RANGER 19ft dv.The ranger is VERY high in price and j don't understand when they say ranger has a high resale . If you pay 50 or 60 thousand for a boat and sell it for 30 or 40 . WHERE is the resale in that?????? The rangers that i have looked at are only 1or 2 years old. GOOD for me bad for the first guy. The LUND on the other hand has HUGE resale around Lake Erie, but how do they fish on small lakes ??????? The local guys swear by LUND from one side of ERIE to the other . My best friend owns a RANGER 19ft and the ride is OK,and that was the sellig point with the RANGER dealer i talked to . The LUND was just as good and the boat was 10000 less and felt MUCH more organized with space and storage . The LUND was aluminum and does that matter ?????????????????????????????? NEEEEEEED HELP
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Posted 6/26/2009 7:12 PM (#82705 - in reply to #82702)
Subject: RE: Looking for a boat?????????

I own a Pro-V 1900 and love it. The interior layout is great for any kind of fishing wether it be trolling or jigging for walleyes, casting for muskies or trolling for salmon on Lake Michigan. The rig trailers easily. I would recomend the dual console, as it gives the passenger decent protection and provides lots of storage, yet can be removed if desired. I have owned several Lunds and never had an issue with any of them, and they are easy to sell when the time comes to get another one.
Big O
Posted 6/27/2009 1:46 PM (#82719 - in reply to #82702)
Subject: Re: Looking for a boat?????????

I owned a 19ft Lund as well, Loved it!! Great storage, fished very well, very sea worthy in WAY too big of seas, oops!! But I went to a glass boat for the bones are getting to old for that kind of pounding!! can not beat the ride of a glass boat!! Good luck, eather choice i'm sure you will be happy with. if your still young and in good shape save the money and look for a Lund! If your back is giving you issues might want to consider a glass ride.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)