Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Destinations and Fishing Reports -> Tuffy Boats -> Vacation results good and bad...

Message Subject: Vacation results good and bad...
iceman35
Posted 8/23/2009 7:46 AM (#84412)
Subject: Vacation results good and bad...

Just had 7 days off with the tuffy and here are the results... first 3 days was at Plattsburgh NY on Lake Champlain for the weekend series tourney... fished 3 days and the tuffy ran great... finally got the boat in a good chop and it just cruised through it... made a long run for the tourney and the boat was amazing... coming back we hit hundreds of boat wakes along with 20 mph winds and we were back no problem... all the bassboats were flying all over the place!
off to thousand islands for vacation with the kids... second day motor alarm went off... got to a merc dealer... #5 injector defective no parts available... end of real fishing... still managed to get the kids out using the trolling motor had 5 of us in the boat... worked out great...
I hate outboard motors... 3rd vacation in a row...
I'll have picks and a more detailed write up to follow...

Lost my anchor light... what brand do I need to get for a replacement?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
KHedquist
Posted 8/23/2009 8:23 AM (#84416 - in reply to #84412)
Subject: Re: Vacation results good and bad...

That is a bummer on the motor, that does put a damper on things. that happened on my neigbors Yamy F115 when he was in Canada
iceman35
Posted 8/23/2009 10:42 AM (#84423 - in reply to #84412)
Subject: RE: Vacation results good and bad...

Got out of work wed early and we took off for Plattsburgh... Weather was hot with more hot on the way... not my favorite... get up early thurs and headed over to vermont to my largemouth spot... weeds not too good... we ended up catching some, lots of potato chips with one good one for the banshee... not a good result... hit some smallmouth stuff that has worked in the past... nothing... Day was a bust...
Got up friday and took a long ride to a distant ramp... looking for largemouth again... nothing much happened... noontime I hit a smallmouth spot... this is the famous TR19 hole... just find the scrape on the bottom and you are there! I knew in my mind the only way I'll do good in this thing is big smallmouth shallow... banshee caught a bunch crankin' and I had 2 big follows... bingo... got my spot... with 2 little lgm wedbeds close by I'm set for the day... very weak but still set...
after driving around for 2 hours trying to find trolling motor plugs... yeah, it went bad again... ended up with a giant gob of electrical tape on the front... bassmanz would be proud... another hot day, I'm a little ill and very sunburn...
Got to the meeting and ended up boat 37 outa 39... partner for the day...

JJ Sitterly...

I'm in trouble... he is a fish hawk... gonna hammer me from the back...
told him slow boat, long ride... smallmouth... He said game on...
took off on the morning screaming up the lake at 43 mph... Tuffy goes through the chop and wakes amazing... 25 minutes later we stop... the catching was to start... caught 2 largemouth small, right off the bat, largemouth? ended up with a pretty quick limit with one big 4+ smallmouth and nothing else ( a big jump off didn't sit well either...) JJ proceeded to get a quick limit and had some nice ones... he was very happy... me not so much... showing signs of rust... had things I wanted to throw but I procrastinated... not the old dave thats for sure... figured I would try the largemouth for awhile, nothing to loose...
lost about 30 minutes... fishing for largemouth and caught nothing... back out to TR19s lower unit... JJ caught a big near 4# smallmouth... then a 4 # largemouth! ???... he was in for a record day! After that the rust came off... It was time for some stoney point fishing... worked in the everstart years ago, should work now... sat down, tied up and bingo... culled 3 times... included my biggest tourney smally ever... the SJB did its job! the livewell was packed with big fish... my maybe 2 # largemouth was the runt... headed back a bit early for a 25 minute rough ride back... wind and cabin cruisers... Tuffy just plowed through them... Didn't even have to slow down! bassboats were sailing through the air all around us! very cool!
weigh in... JJ had about 11.25 for 3 bass dead bass dropped him to 10.75... didn't hurt him tough, came in 3rd place with his biggest limit ever... I had 16.3 with my big smallmouth weighing 4.85#s... 8 bass in the boat over 27#s!!( Snowball weight!) at least 4 bass in the livewell over 4#s! pretty weak...

came in 10th place and went home with nothing... the jump off cost me... still a fun day...
banshee drove and I drank...

pics will follow...

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(bass485.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments bass485.jpg (184KB - 149 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)