Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Destinations and Fishing Reports -> Tuffy Boats -> Sagging Snow on cover.

Message Subject: Sagging Snow on cover.
basscaster
Posted 2/16/2010 9:05 PM (#88348)
Subject: Sagging Snow on cover.

I have a Tuffy with the 2 long inside rails. I have a cover that is new and tight with cover stretching over the seats and motor. How do I keep the sag out of the sides of the boat with the snow. Snow seems to accumulate on the cover over the inside rails(where I lay rods). Can I put something inside cover to build up this area on each side of boat ? Let me hear a few ideas.Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
KHedquist
Posted 2/17/2010 5:07 AM (#88353 - in reply to #88348)
Subject: Re: Sagging Snow on cover.

Sure get some 2x4 and build a support or get something slippery like a plastic tarp so the snow slides off easier and drape over the boat for the winter
stacker
Posted 2/18/2010 4:09 PM (#88394 - in reply to #88348)
Subject: RE: Sagging Snow on cover.

cardboard boxes lined up will help support it as well. Easy to set up but may leave residue on the carpet.

Look at shrinkwrapping or inside storage. The cover will only last a season or 2 and be junk in the snow and ice. Also, it does not protect it very well.

Edited by stacker 2/18/2010 4:10 PM
basscaster
Posted 2/22/2010 8:35 AM (#88443 - in reply to #88348)

Thanks for the 2 answers on my question. I will keep an eye open for boxes or inflatables. This Tuffy roustabout is just like a big bathtub. No storage and a 2.5 front deck. I am now getting deck extention made by a buddy. This should increase storage so I can at least store a gymbag and maybe a couple 3700's. The only positive I can say"Its built well">
Brian Hoffies
Posted 2/22/2010 10:42 AM (#88452 - in reply to #88443)

basscaster - 2/22/2010 8:35 AM

Thanks for the 2 answers on my question. I will keep an eye open for boxes or inflatables. This Tuffy roustabout is just like a big bathtub. No storage and a 2.5 front deck. I am now getting deck extention made by a buddy. This should increase storage so I can at least store a gymbag and maybe a couple 3700's. The only positive I can say"Its built well">

Kind of curious line " The only positive I can say "It's built well."

If you don't like it why did you buy it? Did the storage shrink when you put it in the water? Oh, well...........................
basscaster
Posted 2/22/2010 12:37 PM (#88454 - in reply to #88452)

If you don't like it why did you buy it? Did the storage shrink when you put it in the water? Oh, well........................... I bought it for a Spring boat with a 25hp for Power plant lakes.I guess I am use to storage everywhere like my R82. You have to admit the front deck is useless if you stand and from a storage point of view. I still haven't figured out what I can store underneath it. I can hardly get my hand in the small opening(hehe). Tuffy is doing a better job today than the mid 90's. How about that ? ? That's it ! Over.

Edited by basscaster 2/22/2010 12:39 PM
Shep
Posted 2/26/2010 4:17 PM (#88529 - in reply to #88454)

You ever take a look at a Ranger, or Lund, or any other fishing boat from the early 90's? Storage and front deck space was none existant on those boats too. And I'm pretty sure those builders are doing a better job,too.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)