Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> early morning bite...

Message Subject: early morning bite...
iceman35
Posted 5/21/2010 5:34 AM (#91290)
Subject: early morning bite...

Got up this morning to plug in the coffee. looked outside at the tuffy and being before 5 it was fishable... hit me... I could fish for a few hours mornings before going to work. I have 3 ramps withion 10 minutes of me... lock and dam river, the ramps are in 3 different sections...
My question to you guys... How would you approach fishing for say 3 hours very early in the morning? good walleye bite or not? would the bite be bad after they fed all night? Shallow, deep, etc. river has no weeds by the way...
figured I would give you guys something to chew on...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
butch
Posted 5/21/2010 6:33 AM (#91291 - in reply to #91290)
Subject: RE: early morning bite...

early morning river i would look for shallow points 4 to 8 foot deap with rock. this time of year. latter as the water warms flats with deaper water in 8 to 20 feat. but this is not an exact since every river is difrent. but i would consider this a good start point. are there wing damn's those are good places to look or blocking damns that have a blow out. is the curent strong, moderate or slow. these factors all should be considered for walleye location.
GNWC Rookie
Posted 5/21/2010 11:12 AM (#91298 - in reply to #91291)
Subject: RE: early morning bite...

Yep, shallow in the very early hours. Spring and fall we concentrate the first hour before light and first hour after on pitching 2-10' of water. I'd also look for points, wing dams etc... Any kind of structure with a shallow top edge.

It will likely take a while to find what kind of structure those fish are on, but if you keep with it, you'll put together a pattern.
sworrall
Posted 5/26/2010 1:16 PM (#91407 - in reply to #91290)
Subject: Re: early morning bite...

The early AM bite can be really good, and the fish can be very shallow, especially in moving water. I used to fish near every morning from dawn until 6 AM from opener until July 1...I miss those days.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)