Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Regional Walleye Fishing -> Wolf River Walleyes -> Wolf River Reports

Message Subject: Wolf River Reports
bagowalleyeguy
Posted 4/26/2011 6:38 PM (#97995)
Subject: Wolf River Reports

Despite the crazy weather mother nature has dealt us this spring, the Walleye fishing on the Wolf River has been pretty good. From north of Shiocton to Orihula, there are Walleyes on the move as we speak! Some days have been better than others (just ask the AIM boys), but overall the fish have been cooperative over the past two weeks. Vertical jigging has been my method of choice, but I have seen fish caught anchoring as well. Remember, the fish are on the move and also on the lookout for an easy meal, so get out there and put some fish in the boat!

White Bass are beginning to invade the river as well, which will provide another fun fishing opportunity for the whole family! After a day on the water, take the kids up to New London to check out the Sturgeon spawning along the Wolf River Sturgeon Trail which is along Hwy X just west of town.

For more fishing reports and discussion on the area feel free to visit my blog at http://midwestfisherman.blogspot.com/
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BD
Posted 5/2/2011 12:46 AM (#98129 - in reply to #97995)
Subject: RE: Wolf River Reports

Sunday afternoon New London anchored:
Five eyes;
Two snot rockets;
Two smallmouth;
And a whitebass.

In Manawa starting on Friday the sturgeon were stacked up below the dam like cord wood. There was one I estimate was over 150 lbs and several over 100 lbs. Great viewing from the bridge.

Edited by BD 5/2/2011 12:57 AM
BD
Posted 5/3/2011 12:03 AM (#98158 - in reply to #98129)

New London Monday afternoon with a buddy:
10 eyes;
7 white bass;
2 small mouth;
The eyes were nice eaters again, all males;
The white bass were huge, four over 15";
The small mouth were released.

Edited by BD 5/3/2011 12:05 AM
BD from work
Posted 5/5/2011 12:38 AM (#98214 - in reply to #98158)

Tuesday with snow and cold kept me home. The fish fry was awesome even with the bad weather.

Wednesday I went with a buddy. He wasn't feeling well so we were only out a little over an hour during the bright afternoon. Not very good walleye conditions but:
5 eyes all nice eaters and one 14" white bass.
BD from work
Posted 5/6/2011 3:11 AM (#98247 - in reply to #98214)

Thursday the honey do list caught up with me. My buddy did go with another friend of ours. They picked up 10 eyes in a couple of hours in the New Londdon area.
BD
Posted 5/6/2011 7:44 PM (#98262 - in reply to #98247)

Friday night and the fish fry was incredible again. Still no fishing for me. I called my buddies after supper. They had nine eyes in the boat and were staying until they picked up #10. As long as the water stays high the New London area should keep on being hot for nice eating size eyes.
BD
Posted 5/8/2011 10:51 PM (#98282 - in reply to #98262)

Sunday evening we had two limits of eaters again. The bite was slow compared to last week. A big northern had no trouble cutting through the 8lb. test PowerPro on my second jigging rod. Only one white bass (huge).
bagowalleyeguy
Posted 5/9/2011 3:32 PM (#98297 - in reply to #98282)

Walleye bite still going strong if you can keep the Whitebass off! Crawlers will get you more Walleyes now, while minnows should put plenty of Whitebass in the boat! It is looking like this will be a solid year for the Whitebass run just like it was for the Walleyes! Baby Walleyes should be spilling back into the main river as we speak, hopefully the Whitebass leave them alone! Check out my blog for more updated reports and also a summary of the MWS Winneconnie event at http://midwestfisherman.blogspot.com/

Edited by bagowalleyeguy 5/9/2011 3:35 PM
BD
Posted 5/16/2011 7:01 AM (#98413 - in reply to #98297)

A couple of the boys and a counselor, here at Rawhide, caught 48 white bass fishing off of the shore for a few hours on Saturday. To my knowledge no eyes were caught. Still no fishing for me but I might be able to get out Monday evening.
BD
Posted 5/18/2011 5:42 AM (#98464 - in reply to #98413)

Monday afternoon the bite in the New London area was nonexistant. Up-river there was some white bass action. My allergies have kicked into high gear so it's time to forget about the river and hit the upper lakes and west side reefs.

Edited by BD 5/18/2011 5:43 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)