Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> I'm stuck in a rut.

Message Subject: I'm stuck in a rut.
walleye express
Posted 3/11/2005 8:09 PM (#29481)
Subject: I'm stuck in a rut.

3 for 5, 3 for 5, 3 for 5, is getting kinda boring lately. But we did actualy go 4 for 6 tonight if you count the 9 pound Sewer Tuna I snagged with the jigging rapala and landed tonight, as it cruesed through the hole suspended at 7 feet.

Also, the Rapalas didn't catch crap tonight except that Carp, and my client had all 5 fish on with the Chrome/Green lightening bolt Do-Jigger.

Edited by walleye express 3/11/2005 8:13 PM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(IM000854.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IM000854.JPG (94KB - 143 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Dave D
Posted 3/11/2005 8:42 PM (#29482 - in reply to #29481)
Subject: RE: I'm stuck in a rut.

Looks like youv'e been getting some good fishing lately. That's not to bad of a rut to be in.

Dave D
Trent
Posted 3/11/2005 9:03 PM (#29484 - in reply to #29481)

My lake is so hard to read in the winter (maybe cause I dont try hard enough). The biggest fuish I caught this year wasnt even 15 inches. But I've seen alot of peoples pullin out 6, 7 and even 8 pounders through the ice. And they're all set liners that dont move and dont jig their lures. If I could just get one Id be happy. Maybe this weekend will be the weekend.
walleye express
Posted 3/12/2005 8:53 AM (#29504 - in reply to #29484)

Trent - 3/11/2005 10:03 PM

My lake is so hard to read in the winter (maybe cause I dont try hard enough). The biggest fuish I caught this year wasnt even 15 inches. But I've seen alot of peoples pullin out 6, 7 and even 8 pounders through the ice. And they're all set liners that dont move and dont jig their lures. If I could just get one Id be happy. Maybe this weekend will be the weekend.

Trent.

I noticed long ago, that some bodies of water are best for Tip-Up/set lining and others are not. Even though I've heard and read about people catching some nice walleyes on the Saginaw Bay with Tip Up's, and I've caught some nice ones on my dead rods over the years. The set line approach has not caught on, or is the first technique people think about. If I were you, I'd do what I do. Jig one hole and dead line the other. Give the gators two choices to choose from.
eyellaw
Posted 3/12/2005 12:52 PM (#29510 - in reply to #29481)

trent i use two rods jig one and let the other set usly with a small jighead and it seam to work good they come to the jigging lure and will hit the dead rod if they aren't aggresive or they won't hit at all which is what they do to me most of the time Dan call me got some info for you
walleye express
Posted 3/12/2005 1:10 PM (#29513 - in reply to #29510)

eyellaw - 3/12/2005 1:52 PM

Dan call me got some info for you

This is embarrasing, but I can't match your board name to your real one. And even though I probably know you well, I can't find "eyellaw" in the phone book. E-mail me and refresh my memory if you would. Thanks.

Edited by walleye express 3/12/2005 1:11 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)