Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Navionics HotMaps USA

Message Subject: Navionics HotMaps USA
PHISH-PHINDER
Posted 3/7/2006 5:20 AM (#40429)
Subject: Navionics HotMaps USA

Anyone try the Navionics HotMaps USA yet. It looks like many rivers (Det, Miss, Ill, Allghy, etc) along with many lakes in all 50 states as well as some in Ontario (LOW) - looks too good to be true... I talked to Cabelas and they told me its at least equivilent to the older Classic quality chip for detail..
Top of the page Bottom of the page
wall-nut
Posted 3/7/2006 1:20 PM (#40463 - in reply to #40429)
Subject: RE: Navionics HotMaps USA

I was just looking at that the other day and am hoping someone replies, same question I have.
tolden
Posted 3/7/2006 1:45 PM (#40465 - in reply to #40463)

You need the River Chip to get the good detail. The upper midwest basin chip only contails pools 8 and 4. Well worth the money but they are on back order right now.

Later
PHISH-PHINDER
Posted 3/7/2006 5:38 PM (#40489 - in reply to #40429)

Tom,
I'm sure this is different as I have both River chips plus Jay has the lake chip - I know what you are saying..
Check out what they are listing for $129.00 at http://www.navionics.com/HotMapsUSALakeList.asp
Rick
tolden
Posted 3/8/2006 6:00 AM (#40508 - in reply to #40429)

Man, if that is true, I might be getting that chip as well. That one is only $129? Hard to believe. Is the detial the same as the Premium Chips? One would have to think that they are just base map images with minimal contouring unlike the premium chips for that price and amount of information? Is this basically the base map that comes with all the new GPS units now but offered in a chip for older units I wonder? The base maps are pretty good though as well.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)