Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Ruff Guy/Goodie Minnow color Chart and fishing show news.

Message Subject: Ruff Guy/Goodie Minnow color Chart and fishing show news.
walleye express
Posted 3/16/2006 1:45 PM (#40994)
Subject: Ruff Guy/Goodie Minnow color Chart and fishing show news.

Just recieved my new Ruff Guy/Goodie Minnow color chart from Dave's Ka'Boom Baits. Still anticipating the new Mean Streak color chart, but I'll settle and drool over this one until the other arrives. You may have to actually print the picture for precise details and color scheme, as I had to reduce it quit a bit to get it to load fast quickly.

Also took my final load of 250 Walleye Wiggle Squid Rigs over to Franks. I've added some great new squid colors I don't think anybodody has ever seen before, and refined the whole rig (without changing the fish catching dynamics) with some new neat components. And while I was there, Larry talked me into working their booth April 1st and 2nd at the upcoming "Great Outdoor Expo", put on by both Burt Watson Chevrolet and the Freeland Lions Club at the Dow Event Center, which is the old Saginaw Civic Center. I believe 9:00am to 6:pm is the times both days. So if the urge moves you, come on by and say Hi.

Edited by walleye express 3/16/2006 2:02 PM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(scan002.jpg)

(scan003.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments scan002.jpg (104KB - 189 downloads)
Attachments scan003.jpg (77KB - 201 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Darboy
Posted 3/16/2006 3:28 PM (#41002 - in reply to #40994)
Subject: RE: Ruff Guy/Goodie Minnow color Chart and fishing show news.

Jonny Rocket had some of these at the Ice Breaker event in NL last weekend. They look awesome in person! I can't wait to get a bunch and try them out on our local waters of Poygan and Winnebago. I think these new ones will give shad raps and wally divers a run for their money on our waters.

I'm interested to hear results when people start running them this year.
john mannerino
Posted 3/16/2006 4:13 PM (#41006 - in reply to #40994)

I was hopeing to recieve my cranks from Dave today. Looking foward to seeing them in person and more so getting them in the water.
Jonny Rocket
Posted 3/16/2006 5:03 PM (#41010 - in reply to #40994)

These are awsome looking baits in person, and like Mr. Darboy said they should work real well on poygan. I am excited to run the Ruff Guy once the ice is gone and the fish are back in the lakes.

If there is anyone from the Appleton area that would like to see these in person give me a shout and we can try to hook up somewhere for you to see them. Otherwise, I know Scheels has them in stock already.

Edited by Jonny Rocket 3/16/2006 5:05 PM
JAKE
Posted 3/16/2006 8:02 PM (#41020 - in reply to #40994)

dan:
the ruff guy shallow divers, is there any info on diving depths? any idea about the action?
Posted 3/16/2006 9:18 PM (#41026 - in reply to #40994)

can i get an unsponsored opinion on dave's kabooms and wiggle fins.
Posted 3/16/2006 9:20 PM (#41027 - in reply to #40994)

preferably from someone who doesnt fish tournaments
walleye express
Posted 3/17/2006 6:55 AM (#41036 - in reply to #41020)

JAKE - 3/16/2006 9:02 PM

dan:
the ruff guy shallow divers, is there any info on diving depths? any idea about the action?

Jake.

Unlike Guests opinion of just what Pro Staffers will say about a product they sponsor, I have not used any of the Ruffs Guys yet, didn't see any printed info on diving depth, nor have seen them in action in the water, but I will very soon. So I reserve any of my personal comments about their running dynamics or their fish catching abilities until I do. But after 40 plus years of fishing walleyes, I do know what looks good and has all the asthetic quality to be a good lure. Plus knowing Chase parsons placed high in the PWT championship using the Ruff Guy don't hurt either.

As far as the Wiggle Discs go, I can only post a few of the pictures of some walleye we caught last summer using them. I'm guessing being these are my own customized inventions, teamed with proven (Wiggle Disc) product components, and that I may have been the only one running these discs for walleyes in this fasion last year on any fresh waters, finding others to testify for their fish catching ability will be tough. If thats not good enough, then thats tough as well. Kinda like FOX news. I report, you decide.

Edited by walleye express 3/17/2006 9:46 AM

(7-03-05 Wiggle Squid A.JPG)

(7-03-05 Wiggle Squid B.JPG)

(7-90-05.JPG)

(7-03-05 WiggleSquid Catch..jpg)

(7-03-05 Wiggle Squids.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 7-03-05 Wiggle Squid A.JPG (81KB - 133 downloads)
Attachments 7-03-05 Wiggle Squid B.JPG (75KB - 110 downloads)
Attachments 7-90-05.JPG (64KB - 95 downloads)
Attachments 7-03-05 WiggleSquid Catch..jpg (113KB - 105 downloads)
Attachments 7-03-05 Wiggle Squids.JPG (93KB - 106 downloads)
Mr. Darboy
Posted 3/17/2006 8:43 AM (#41045 - in reply to #40994)

Guest,

I am not sponsored, nor do I fish tournaments. I can tell you that last year I ran the Kaboom Deep Shiners on Poygan and Bago in April and May with good luck. They really seem to like these baits and they run just like the old thundersticks did. My best colors were 3, 9, 92, 16, 41, and 91. They really liked the black/gold and black/silver on Bago in mid May.

I also ran the Winning Streak on Bago in late May and early June before switching over to spinners. I did very well on the north shore of Bago with the colors of 9, 21, 34, 90, 31, and 94. These are similar to the old Hot n Tots that seemed to be a good bait back in the mid 90's.

Hope that helps you out as far as successful colors and times of the year that I found they worked the best. Good luck this year, I think if you buy a few and try them out you will agree they work as well, if not better than T-sticks, Rapalas, and Wally Divers.
Posted 3/17/2006 4:16 PM (#41079 - in reply to #40994)

Dan
you were not the only one using the wiggle finns/action disc's last year, my tourney partner and i used them on the saginaw bay with a 3 way rig and a 3 oz weight on the bottom,we were lifting the rod as high as you could then dropping it quickly ,right at the back of the boat ours are a bit different then yours,we used the little squids you can get from mack's lure.
the fish hit these things so hard that it almost knocks the rod out of your hand ,talk about a fun day
Tony Glynn
walleye express
Posted 3/17/2006 6:56 PM (#41086 - in reply to #41079)

Guest - 3/17/2006 5:16 PM

Dan
you were not the only one using the wiggle finns/action disc's last year, my tourney partner and i used them on the saginaw bay with a 3 way rig and a 3 oz weight on the bottom,we were lifting the rod as high as you could then dropping it quickly ,right at the back of the boat ours are a bit different then yours,we used the little squids you can get from mack's lure.
the fish hit these things so hard that it almost knocks the rod out of your hand ,talk about a fun day
Tony Glynn

Thanks for the testimony Tony. My best results came using my 1 ounce painted Keels, 45 back at 1.2 to 1.8 over 17 to 21 FOW. Take a look at my new "Double Flash Rigs" at Franks if you get the chance. Your gonna love the idea. Was kinda nice being the hero at the docks for those first 2 weeks in July, thats when the Discs really kicked butt for me last year.

Edited by walleye express 3/18/2006 7:59 AM
finchaser
Posted 3/17/2006 10:57 PM (#41099 - in reply to #40994)

Stopped by the Sportsman Appleton, WI They have the complete line of Goodies and Ruff Guys. They also got in some Mean Streaks (Jointed) they sold most but will be getting more on Wed/Thursday.
JAKE
Posted 3/18/2006 2:12 PM (#41118 - in reply to #41036)

thanks for that info dan. i'll stay tuned for more reports and may try to pick up a few ruff guy's for the spring river run. i also have put together some squid rigs but, instead of the wobble disc i used a smile blade with beads on each side. obviously we have a variety of guests, some willing to share their name.

Edited by JAKE 3/18/2006 2:13 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)