Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Transmission Help

Message Subject: Transmission Help
Shep
Posted 3/20/2006 1:32 PM (#41243)
Subject: Transmission Help

OK, you Fox Valley guys. You all helped with the truck alignment. Now I need a reputable Tranny shop. I got a bit of shutter when she downshifts from OD to passing. Happens when hot, so I'm thinking I might just get by with a fluid change, and filter. I'd normally do it myself, but this is a messy job, and I just don't want to get my new garage floor soaked with ATF!

Let the suggestions begin. And thanks.

Edited by Shep 3/20/2006 1:32 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
butch
Posted 3/20/2006 2:10 PM (#41245 - in reply to #41243)
Subject: RE: Transmission Help

are you familiar with the evacuators they use to get oil out of inboard engins on boats. shep if you get a long enough tube you can suck all the trany fluid out with one of them very little mess.
Jayman
Posted 3/20/2006 2:13 PM (#41246 - in reply to #41243)

Shep, if you would of got a chevy it's not so messy.

ATC I believe they have a shop in appleton and menasha ( tranny shop). I've heard good things about them. Pete's auto is another good place for auto repairs.
Purple Skeeter
Posted 3/20/2006 3:17 PM (#41249 - in reply to #41245)

Shep,

Rays transmission in Neenah... very honest and will give you an honest look at your tranny... I've used him in the past and I trust him!

Purple Skeeter
tyee
Posted 3/20/2006 4:57 PM (#41253 - in reply to #41243)

I'll second Rays! I didn't have very good luck at ATS in Menasha, Although it's been quite a few years! Actually since I bought a Chev haven't had any problems! Humm wonder if there is a connection.....
Good Luck
Tyee
Jim R.
Posted 3/20/2006 5:26 PM (#41254 - in reply to #41243)

if all your looking for is a trans service(drop pan, replace filter and whatever fluid comes out)((they also have a machine to exchange 100% of the fluid, but if your experiencing problems, they dont recommend it, you may not drive it home), i highly recommend Master Lube, but all the lube shops in the area do these services i believe, and i believe they are cheaper than the tranny shops. however, if you are experiencing a shutter, a tranny shop may be the way to go.
Shep
Posted 3/20/2006 7:06 PM (#41258 - in reply to #41254)

This is definately a Ford issue. That's why I got 175K on it without any prior problems. If it would have been a Chevy, I'm sure I would be on my third or 4th tranny by now!

Purp, I'll call Ray's tomorrow, and see what they say.
tyee
Posted 3/20/2006 8:12 PM (#41263 - in reply to #41258)

Shep only 175k?.....my last chev just got it's first one at 220k!!! hehehe give me a call, We had a ball Sunday, We boated over 50 and found out that mono definately outjigs braided!
Good Luck
Tyee
eye Lunker
Posted 3/22/2006 8:35 PM (#41387 - in reply to #41243)

I'll agree Ray's transmission in neenah.They have been there very long time and have a outstanding reputation.
Shep
Posted 3/23/2006 7:12 AM (#41393 - in reply to #41387)

I agree, Ray's Transmission! Thanks, guys.

Took my truck in, described the problem. They dropped the pan, didn't find anything major, put in a new filter, exchanged the fluid, roadtested it, and I was good to go. Ray told me not to worry, it was probably just the fluid breaking down when it was hot. Felt like a new truck again on the way home last night.

It's nice to be able to take a vehicle in for service, and not have to worry if you're going to get the straight scoop. I highly recommend Ray's transmission.
Purple Skeeter
Posted 3/23/2006 8:02 AM (#41395 - in reply to #41243)

Glad I could help... I'll be sending you an invoice for my advice in the mail... or I'd settle for 10 of your GPS coordinates for your best Bago spots.......

Purple Skeeter
mb757
Posted 3/23/2006 9:00 AM (#41397 - in reply to #41243)

Shep - I know I'm a little late on the advice but if you have a Ford truck with the E4OD transmission they had a techincal service bulletin a couple of years back to repair the problem. If it happens again go into your local Ford dealer and ask for part number XL3. It's rear end friction modifier so don't tell them your putting it into your transmission or they will try to talk you out of it. The friction modifier helps to keep the fluid on the clutch packs inside the transmission. What happens is the oil on the discs will start to leave dry spots on the disc and cause the shudder the modifier helps the fluid cover the whole disc and stop the problem. Hope this helps.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)