Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Ordering fishing rods....how do they arrive?

Message Subject: Ordering fishing rods....how do they arrive?
jerry
Posted 3/22/2006 1:52 PM (#41364)
Subject: Ordering fishing rods....how do they arrive?

I've been checking out some rods in Bass Pro Shops and Cabelas online catalogs. I noticed that if a rod is over a certain length, and generally it's about 8', they charge an extra $6 per rod. When you order rods, how do they come? Every time I've ever ordered rods, they come packaged together in a tube or in a PVC type holding device, wrapped in plastic, taped in place, and packaged firmly on top and bottom to make sure they don't break. Has anyone ever received rods in the mail that were individually packaged?

I spoke to Cabelas about this because they, along with Bass Pro Shops, have policies stating that they will charge $6 PER ROD for shipping, as if they are individually packaged. I had the customer service girl get her supervisor and I informed them that all rods, to my knowledge, are packaged together. Based on this, they are overcharging $6 for every rod after the first one. What do you think?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jim Ordway
Posted 3/22/2006 2:59 PM (#41366 - in reply to #41364)
Subject: RE: Ordering fishing rods....how do they arrive?

I just recieved 4 rods, but thye were 7'6' . They were all in individual tubes. I did not ck the shipping cost, so I do not know if I paid extra,
Take care,
Jim O
Tom K
Posted 3/23/2006 12:24 AM (#41390 - in reply to #41364)

Jerry,

Not too long ago, I ordered two 8'6" Walleye Angler Trolling rods from Bass Pro. I was charged $6.00 extra per rod for shipping due to the length, which I was aware of. They arrived in very heavy solid cardboard tubes, seperately.

Hope this helps.
Envelope
Posted 3/23/2006 7:42 AM (#41394 - in reply to #41364)

I ordered a nice St. Croix 7 foot rod and it came in a manilla envelope with a bottle of rubber cement.
ShellbackCVA59
Posted 3/23/2006 4:32 PM (#41417 - in reply to #41364)

I bought 2 combo's from Cabelas, 8'6" two piece trolling rods with linecounter reels, and the shipping was about $12.00. The rods were in a cardboard tube inside a long box with the reels packed in it also.
G-Man
Posted 3/23/2006 6:25 PM (#41424 - in reply to #41364)

I just received 4 new trolling rods from Cabela's and was charged $6.00 for shipping for each rod and they were all packed into the same cardboard tube wrapped in foam. I think they are overcharging on the shipping cost. If you order one rod it comes delivered in the same tube they use to deliver four rods. I did get a great price for the rods so I shouldn't complain too much.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)