Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Brett Favre's last stand???

Message Subject: Brett Favre's last stand???
Sunshine
Posted 1/3/2007 8:11 AM (#50142 - in reply to #50064)
Subject: Re: Brett Favre's last stand???

Thanks Eye Lunker,

You took the words right out of my mouth. Most teams plan on a 2-3 year process to get a new rookie into the mix. They do not (if possible) throw them out to the wolves by having them start. They develop them though practice sessions and work them in slowly. They could use Brett during that process. This of course, assumes that the current QB in training is not ready.

Seems to me that Green Bay had a few 2nd and 3rd stringers starting for other teams once they left. If my memory is correct one of these made the super bowl recently
Top of the page Bottom of the page
shink
Posted 1/3/2007 10:25 AM (#50143 - in reply to #50142)
Subject: Re: Brett Favre's last stand???

I believe every Q.B. that has been under Favre has had success, once they left.

The packers are 30 million under the cap, if they spend some money, they can be a contender next year, with Favre. Without him, they won't be.

I do believe he will be back, and I think it depends on who they acquire. YOu don't think there are free agents out there, that will come here to play with him, for a chance to win a super bowl. Gonzalez from K.C., heck even Randy Moss, can't believe I'm saying his name.

Remember they were the youngest team in football, they have jsut had one year of experience. most of Favre's interceptions are when they are behind, by a lot.

Yes he will get the interceptions record, why, because he has played so many years.

I'm not a big Favre fan, never have been. He has or is close to all the records because of his longevity, but without him, they are mediocre team. Give Rogers one more year, then Favre will retire, and we will still have the nucleous of a good team.

They were predicted to do worse then last year, they surprised everyone out there, including me.

6 weeks ago, I thought the bears would go and win the super bowl, now after the last couple weeks, they will be very lucky to win their first playoff game. The only team in the NFC playing better then the Packers right now, is the Eagles, and they won't win the superbowl, It will be the AFC in a route this year.

Favre says he doesn't want the records, I don't believe that for one minute. He is a competitor, people like him want records, but are also team players, if that makes any sense. He does want another superbowl ring, if they spend the money the right way, they have a chance.

Saying the bears didn't care if they won is a joke, it's the biggest rivalry in football, their coach said it himself, he was hired to beat the Packers.

The bears stunk it up, and tried their hardest to win.

The Packers got better as the year went on, that is what happens with young teams, they were jelling together, even on defense.

They had a young receiver in Jennings, he will be even better next year. They pick up Gonzalez, and a couple defensive lineman, the Packers have a very good chance for going far next year.
GB Eyes
Posted 1/7/2007 8:43 AM (#50280 - in reply to #50064)
Subject: RE: Brett Favre's last stand???

Ok guys heres a number for you 11 MILLION

I as big a fan of Brett Favre as anyone and I hope he comes back so I can sit in the seat at Lambeau I've sat in since I was 8 years old and see the legend grow. He doesnt need the money but 11 million is a big number and how couldnt it weigh in on a decision that involves his family

Heres another number for you 28 million

The packers will be 28 million dollars under the salary cap for the 2007-2008 season but Cullen Jenkins is a restricted free agent and will require some dollars to stay in town. Ahman Greens contract is up and do you give him some cash or show him the door????

Sunshine is right when he says the records will weigh in but to say Green Bay is on the verge of being a playoff team my be a bit of a stretch. They new schedule has the team playing their usual three opponentsplus the Panthers, Chargers, Redskins, Eagles, and Raiders at home where they had a loosing record in 2006

They will travel to the usual three and play the Giants, Cowboys, Rams, Broncos, and Chiefs

Right now on paper this schedule is horrible for the Packers, right now on paper means absolutly nothing BUT 8-8 or 9-7 would be awesome out of this schedule.

I hope Brett comes back. Lambeau wouldt be the same without him running out of the tunnel.
sworrall
Posted 1/8/2007 11:56 AM (#50308 - in reply to #50280)
Subject: RE: Brett Favre's last stand???

I hope he returns, if for no reason to show that he can. tehn again, he deserves to retire and go out 'right'.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)