Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> Walleye Boats and Motors -> Lowrnace lcx 113hd transducer problems?

Message Subject: Lowrnace lcx 113hd transducer problems?
Walleye Boy
Posted 7/13/2008 1:16 PM (#71583)
Subject: Lowrnace lcx 113hd transducer problems?

Hey guys. Just bought a Lowrance lcx 113 hd and am having problems with the unit picking up bottom when I am running on plane. The unit works excellent when sitting still or just putting along and usually works alright in water less than 20 ft when I am running full out and then loses it when it gets deeper. Then if I come up to a hump it grabs bottom,then once you get to the other side of it and drops off it loses it again. I've tried moving it up, down, tilting it up, down and even moved it a bit further from the bottom end of the motor. Could it be that my transducer is screwed? Has anyone else experienced this? Its mounted on a Crestliner Fishhawk 1750 (top speed 32 mph). I have not done any updates to it and I think it has version 1.3 it it now.

If anyone can help me out that would be great. This thing is driving me nuts.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Steve
Posted 7/14/2009 8:21 PM (#83306 - in reply to #71583)
Subject: RE: Lowrnace lcx 113hd transducer problems?

I have the same problem and same boat. Did you ever solve the problem?
Larrys
Posted 7/16/2009 8:55 AM (#83353 - in reply to #71583)
Subject: Re: Lowrnace lcx 113hd transducer problems?

Sounds like you are getting turbulent water under your transducer. I don't know the boat but anything that disturbs the water will put air bubbles in the water and the sonar signal will not penetrate well. In most boats you can drop the transducer down far enough or move it to find undisturbed water. Is it set at 50 or 200?
Steve
Posted 7/19/2009 9:02 PM (#83442 - in reply to #83353)

It is set to 200. Shollow readings up to approx 90' ok. I took the old cheap unit that worked fine off the exact spot. Moved new unit up and down, re-routed wires, hard boot the unit, etc... When get eratic depth changes or the scale changes the depth reading just flashes. Played with settings, etc..., Bought new tansducer. Frustrating. It is a LCX15MT.
Sunshine
Posted 7/20/2009 5:41 AM (#83447 - in reply to #83442)

I know this may sound funny but what is the voltage? Those 113's are very temperamental with voltage readings and you can get flashing screens. Bring the voltage up on your screen and check it that way.
scott
Posted 7/20/2009 7:27 PM (#83470 - in reply to #71583)
Subject: RE: Lowrnace lcx 113hd transducer problems?

I have a LCX 27c and had some of the same issues. It would lock up on me, not read the bottom and drop off all of the time. I first tried a new transducer and had no change. I then updated the software and has been working great since. It is easy to do and is right off of the Lowrance websight. You will need an SD card with at least 2 GB memory and it will automatically update when installed. Also make sure that your ping speed is set at 100% and you will have to adjust the sensitivity(mine works great at 89%). The Lowrance website also has some other troubleshooting tips.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)