Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Weekend reports?

Message Subject: Weekend reports?
sworrall
Posted 6/14/2004 6:11 PM (#19528)
Subject: Weekend reports?

How was the bite where you were this weekend? I was at the Merc National, and near floated out of Lakeside Park a few times. Man, what a mess! The rain can quit any time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
hgmeyer
Posted 6/14/2004 8:21 PM (#19533 - in reply to #19528)
Subject: RE: Weekend reports?

I fished the GNWC at Lake DuBay (WI) and had a great time catching "short" fish. The top weight was only 11+ lbs for 6 fish... So, not a "great" basket... However, despite the weather early we had a beautiful afternoon.
Nofish
Posted 6/14/2004 10:45 PM (#19540 - in reply to #19528)
Subject: My weekend fun

As you may well know, I was an hour up the road in the Escanaba area for some odd reason or another...

Between morning and afternoon tasks there was time to get out and wrangle a few fish for myself.

Not wanting to compete with the tourney anglers, bass were the quarry of choice. More than a dozen scrappy river smallies came to play with either a Chug Bug or a Spinnerbait. The spinnerbait tempted not only the smallies and 3 fine largemouth (The biggun pictured here), two nice walleye fell victim to the spinnerbaits siren song! One pictured here and one about 18 inches I did not get a pic of as camera was in truck 400 yds away....

There were also 3 very nice walleye that went about to chompin on a regular old #13 Rapala after sunset on Thursday. Again no pics as canmera was in hotel room and stopping to fish was an afterthought as I crossed the river on 41....

I really love fishing the Esky area and there are plenty o fish to be had. And I had a blast!!

Here is the link to the photo gallery...
http://walleye.outdoorsfirst.com/board/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?...

As you can see the real fun is placing the 500 dollar camera on a flat surface, setting the timer and running like hell to get in the picture in time to have the photo look good! Excuse the semi blurred pic and the head chopped off in the other....fishing alone can be loads of fun!!!

Edited by Nofish 6/14/2004 11:57 PM
Larrys
Posted 6/15/2004 7:47 AM (#19545 - in reply to #19528)

Returned to Green Bay south of Geanos. Took a while but found walleyes in the weeds as sun finally came out later saturday. Had to drag large spinner rigs right through the weeds to get the fish but we managed steady action between Northerns and Walleye. Lost several rigs to the toothy critters. No gobies for a change.

Larry

Edited by Larrys 6/15/2004 7:48 AM
MNeyeslayer
Posted 6/15/2004 9:21 AM (#19547 - in reply to #19528)

Fish of all sizes are turning on all over Lake of the Woods. Live bait presentations are producing limits of fish all the way from four feet out to twenty feet. The wind speed and direction seem to be dictating where to fish. Once you find the depth, be ready to set the hook. Water temps are about 58-59 degrees, when a constant 60 is reached, I'm expecting a real feeding frenzy.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)