Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Fix on Sealine SG17 & 27 reels

Message Subject: Fix on Sealine SG17 & 27 reels
Reel Repair
Posted 1/19/2007 10:01 AM (#50721)
Subject: Fix on Sealine SG17 & 27 reels

I fish with 12 Diawa Sealine sg 17's and 27's and each one of them has a bad spot in the middle of the release lever that binds. So every time I went to release the line, or reel to trip the release lever, the lever would either get stuck in the middle or click hard to get by this bad spot. Well last night, I went on a mission and I solved this problem. I thought I'd share my solution in case anyone else is having this problem.

I found that the small spring that puts tension on the release lever protrudes through the cam and was hitting the inside of the reel. If you carefully remove all the screws on the reel handle side and look at the cam that controls the lever on the inside of the handle plate, you can see and feel the tension spring which protrudes through the cam too far.

It's an easy fix!, I just dis-assembled the handle side of the reel and removed the tension spring (to remove the spring requires no dis-assembly of the cam unit, I did on the first one, but the second through number 12 I just removed the spring) and filed the small spring down just enough so that it is now flush with the cam surface.

Once re-assembled, the release lever workes as smooth as silk.

If you are careful in removing the outside plate, this repair takes about 5 minutes but greatly improves the feel of the release lever both on manual release and by reelin gto trip the release lever.

Hope this helps!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)