Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Gander Mountain Appleton Seminar Lineup

Message Subject: Gander Mountain Appleton Seminar Lineup
Justin Gaiche
Posted 2/2/2006 2:07 PM (#39307)
Subject: Gander Mountain Appleton Seminar Lineup

February Gander Mountain Appleton Seminars
9th - Gregg Thomas - Musky Fishing - 7:00pm
10th - Mike Schafer - Walleyes - 7:00pm
17th - Adam Rasmuessen - Walleyes - 7:00pm
24th - John Sparbel - Smallmouth Bass - 7:00pm
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Posted 2/2/2006 7:09 PM (#39320 - in reply to #39307)
Subject: RE: Gander Mountain Appleton Seminar Lineup

mmm whatever happen to the days of having a very well known pro come in gander mt to give seminars?Might draw a few more poeple in if your brought in a few big dogs
fishJB
Posted 2/2/2006 7:51 PM (#39324 - in reply to #39320)

A fisherman willing to share his knowledge should not be judged by the size of his name, but rather his interest in helping others catch more fish. I commend all those speakers and their efforts.

Fish Hard,

John Balla
adam bomb
Posted 2/2/2006 9:39 PM (#39329 - in reply to #39307)

you dont need a big name to know how to fish. sometimes people are sponsored and couldnt catch the clap. in those cases, its who you know, and not what you know. thats not always true, because there are many highly respected anglers who have built their rep by bringing fish to the scale. never the less, i bet these guys can teach someone something. thats my point.
Shep
Posted 2/2/2006 10:10 PM (#39330 - in reply to #39329)

Typical no-nads guest troll.

FYI, Gregg Thomas is one of the big dogs in muskie fishing. Great stick and a good guy.

Mike Schaeffer is an FLW Touring Pro, a heck of a good stick, and a great guy.

Adam Rasmussen is an up and coming walleye tournament angler. Finished first and second in the FLW League, and the following tourney, on Green Bay last May.

I'll go see these guys anytime, and I'll learn something from them. As mentioned, you can always learn something. Heck, I've even learned something from you, guest. I've learned you're still an idiot.
sworrall
Posted 2/2/2006 11:34 PM (#39331 - in reply to #39330)

What Shep said, and I'll add this:

Gregg Thomas is one of the best sticks in the Muskie World. One of the BEST. Here's a link to a MuskieFIRST Radio Production of 'The Young Guns Seminar' he, Ty Sennet ( Chippewa Flowage expert) and Chad Cain (Illinois and Minnesota HUGE fish legend) presented at the Medina Extreme Muskie Expo last weekend to a standing room only crowd. Have a listen!

http://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/play_mp3.asp?clip=496

Mike and Adam might just teach us all a thing or two, so I'd go to those presentations if you can!
BigRedDog
Posted 2/3/2006 2:58 AM (#39332 - in reply to #39307)

If anyone has there doubts about Adam, he was my team-mate last year on the FLW walleye league. Just look at the places that we placed in and you can see he knows how to catch walleyes. Go listen to Adam and you will not be sorry. (Hopefully he doesn't give all are secrets away.)
eye Lunker
Posted 2/3/2006 9:58 AM (#39341 - in reply to #39307)

Adam is a great stick and last year was a big year for him with his first flw league win with a whopping 39lbs and some change. Adams is one of the young guys moving up in the walleye world and catching some attention. His league finishes last year were 16th,1st,27th and 48th and he did good inthe championship with a top 10 finish. I agree you dont need to be an old timer big dog to teach poeple what you know.
Justin Gaiche
Posted 2/3/2006 10:38 AM (#39344 - in reply to #39307)

Thanks for your support guys. I brought in some good sticks not based off of name but based off of who I was confident would give an informational seminar. Adam's seminar is on hand-lining, something most "big names" aren't good at. It's unique and he has mastered it. Schafer has a huge history of success including winning the MWC Championship like 183 years ago. Gregg is a hero to most in the musky industry and John Sparbel is amazing in his own rights as he has a line-class world record musky, 2000 World Musky Hunt Champion, one of the busiest guides in northern Wisconsin and one of the finest structure fishermen I have ever had the pleasure of fishing with.
Joel "Doc" Kunz
Posted 2/3/2006 11:04 AM (#39348 - in reply to #39307)

Every opportunity to speak is important and cudo's should be given to Gander in Appleton for taking the time and effort to not only provide a platform for learning and sharing, but for putting together a list of people who will provide a great depth of knowledge even if it out weigh's their autograph. Guys like these are the fabric of fishing and where an old dog can learn a few new tricks, I hope to.
walleye mike
Posted 2/5/2006 10:15 AM (#39387 - in reply to #39307)

Names of guys that are not fore-front in the press, are in my opinion, most times very informative. They tend to bring unique ideas, or thinking. After all, isn't that what a seminar is all about - learning something new? Good Luck WM
hgmeyer
Posted 2/5/2006 11:29 AM (#39388 - in reply to #39307)

John...

You are just sensitive cause you have short names.... LOL j/k

Any of the Gander Seminars I have attended have always been very good...

P.S. And, any thing you have ever "presented" has always been way better than "your name"...LOL

Edited by hgmeyer 2/6/2006 6:59 PM
Justin Gaiche
Posted 2/12/2006 10:58 AM (#39555 - in reply to #39388)

Thanks to Gregg Thomas and Mike Schafer for their seminars last week. I was at Gregg's seminar and there were about 50 people who showed up and the seminar was great! Didn't get to hear Mike's as I was at the Milwaukee Show but I am sure it was as good as he always is! Adam Rasmuessen this week! Great Hand Liner!
Justin Gaiche
Posted 3/1/2006 10:47 AM (#40123 - in reply to #39555)

A very special thanks to everyone who participated in the seminars this past month, they were a blast and enjoyed by all. To let you know we do have a Kid's Camping Event on the 10th along with food plot day coming up. As far as fishing the next event I have scheduled is April 29th and it is our 2nd Annual Musky Methods Show. Lure demos, HUGE giveaways, vendors, musky clubs, WMT and more will be present along with seminars by Phil Schweik, Paul Klien, Justin Gaiche, Kevin Kasdflweowf from the DNR spotted musky program, a musky panel by Badfish Outdoors and more! Details in the future
Justin Gaiche
Posted 4/23/2006 9:30 PM (#42786 - in reply to #40123)

Just a reminder, the Musky Methods Show is this Sat., April 29th. For those of you who fish all species, hope to see you there!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)