Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Navionics Introducing Platinum Maps On 900 Series Humminbirds

Message Subject: Navionics Introducing Platinum Maps On 900 Series Humminbirds
Shep
Posted 2/5/2007 1:04 PM (#51197 - in reply to #51189)
Subject: RE: Navionics Introducing Platinum Maps On 900 Series Humminbirds

Jeff,

Really? Which lake(s). I know whenever I was on Chambers, I always used the Navionics map, because the 1' contours from the Lakemaster were too congested, and didn't show what I was used to looking at. I thought Lakemaster was the first ones out with the 1' contours. After that, I never based a decision to buy because of 1' contours.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tyee
Posted 2/5/2007 2:32 PM (#51199 - in reply to #51197)

Jeff,
Thanks for the "firsts" update, where can I see the 07 winnebago info? Are they in the stores yet? maybe someone could post a screen shot of the natural mouth of Poygan to the wolf river? this was very bad info previously on Navionics maps, if it has been remapped I WANT to see it! Also is the entire river on there (not mapped)?
Good Luck
Tyee
Jeff@Navionics
Posted 2/5/2007 3:24 PM (#51202 - in reply to #51197)

Shep - 2/5/2007 1:04 PM

Jeff,

Really? Which lake(s). I know whenever I was on Chambers, I always used the Navionics map, because the 1' contours from the Lakemaster were too congested, and didn't show what I was used to looking at. I thought Lakemaster was the first ones out with the 1' contours. After that, I never based a decision to buy because of 1' contours.

In 2003 Navionics introduced HotMaps+ for MN. This was product from LakeMaster (3' contours) and ReelBottom (1' contours). For (ONLY) five lakes with 1' contours the price was $200! And we sold them all day long. Now you can get 5000+ lakes, of which more than 70 have 1' contours, for $149.

Congestion depends on the lake obviously. A severe slope will show the lines on top of each other...Looks busy, but it is accurate, and in some instances holds fish. Other lakes are so flat that the 1' contours are a huge help. I'm pretty certain you can turn off the contours from the menu section.

Agreed, allowing the user to decide how much detail to show would be ideal (1', 3', 5', 10' etc). I don't think this is too far off.

Please note, we weren't the first to make a 1' contour map, but we were the first to use this data for a GPS mapping product. Actually, we were the first to offer any lake mapping for GPS.

Good discussion...
Posted 2/5/2007 3:37 PM (#51205 - in reply to #51199)

tyee - 2/5/2007 2:32 PM

Jeff,
Thanks for the "firsts" update, where can I see the 07 winnebago info? Are they in the stores yet? maybe someone could post a screen shot of the natural mouth of Poygan to the wolf river? this was very bad info previously on Navionics maps, if it has been remapped I WANT to see it! Also is the entire river on there (not mapped)?
Good Luck
Tyee

Yes. Shipping now. Here's the area you asked to see (I think). Look at the Poygan folder http://picasaweb.google.com/Navionics.Jeff
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)