Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Warranty on Diawa Reels

Message Subject: Warranty on Diawa Reels
Purple Skeeter
Posted 3/8/2006 4:49 PM (#40556)
Subject: Warranty on Diawa Reels

It's been 4 weeks since my SG17 has arrived at the Diawa headquarters in California..... I've followed up with calls several times and was told that my reel should be on it's way back to me 3 times in the last 2 weeks... today, I was told that a Tec had my reel on a bench and was looking at it.

Anyone else ever send a reel into the Diawa factory in California for repairs..... I'm getting the run-a-round and a different answer every time I follow-up.

Thankfully, I kept the UPS tracking receipt... they insisted that they had not received the reel even though UPS showed the time, date and signature of the person in receiving who took my reel from UPS.

Purple Skeeter
Top of the page Bottom of the page
sworrall
Posted 3/9/2006 12:18 AM (#40602 - in reply to #40556)
Subject: RE: Warranty on Diawa Reels

Yup. I have sent in several for warranty over the years, never had any trouble. Go over to MuskieFIRST and post the quesion for C Nelson, he's a reel repair guru and knows the industry really well. Perhaps he can help.

Keep after them, you'll get your reel back repaired or a new reel.
Purple Skeeter
Posted 3/17/2006 6:57 AM (#41038 - in reply to #40602)
Subject: RE: Warranty on Diawa Reels

Got my reel back today.... the note from the factory said was that they re-assembled the reel... the reel still felt very loose and after about a minute of testing it... the anti-reverse quit working again. Any reccommendations on where to get a SG17 fixed by someone you trust!!

Thanks!!

Purple Skeeter
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)