Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Yamaha 115

Message Subject: Yamaha 115
Posted 5/31/2010 11:17 PM (#91541)
Subject: Yamaha 115

I have a 115 yamaha 4 stk. and while out today it quit on me. I backed away from the dock to line up with the trailer to load, and when I went from reverse to neutral, it died. I was backing up fairly fast so my rpms were pretty high for being in reverse and I switched to neutral fairly fast. My motor did this 3 times over the course of last season when I was forced to lay down/let off the throttle fast. And then it wont start, wont start wont start. Is it flooding out, vapor locking, or what? Ive had it to a dealer and everything checks out good. Anyone had this trouble before?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
KHedquist
Posted 6/1/2010 5:53 AM (#91544 - in reply to #91541)
Subject: Re: Yamaha 115

I had that happen once, I was going to show someone how great it stated and it would not start? Waited a few seconds and it did not do it again?
Posted 6/1/2010 12:03 PM (#91550 - in reply to #91541)
Subject: RE: Yamaha 115

It has always happened when its good and warmed up. Is there a cooling sensor, fuel flow sensor, or what? What is it doing. It has always started good when its cold...And if I shut it off by key it will start back up. But I dunno what the heck its quitting for when I go from high rpms to low rpms in a hurry. Any boat guys out there that have something to chime in for ideas.
prairiedog
Posted 6/3/2010 10:18 PM (#91615 - in reply to #91541)
Subject: Re: Yamaha 115

check out this site, themarinedoctor.com
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)