Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Farm pond Techniques.

Message Subject: Farm pond Techniques.
walleye express
Posted 6/8/2007 8:30 AM (#56985)
Subject: Farm pond Techniques.

I have a discussion we can all kick around. Without mentioning any professional fishermen's name, I've noticed in the last few years the tendency's of professional fishermen to do their TV fishing shows on what can only be called Farm Ponds. Now, most all of these fishermen and their shows of course are Bass fishermen, as walleye don't take to well to Pond living. Some of the best Bass fishermen who I once respected as the best in their game at finding and catching bass, are making me turn them off because of this. How can they expect me to take to heart their lure choices and techniques when they are casting to a captured audience that will at times strike anything that makes a ripple on the water. I remember fishing on a Farm Pond that my X girl friends dad had. I caught fish on everything I threw out there. Have any of you noticed these 2 to 4 acre, oval shaped lakes that these guy are fishing in? And how much useful fishing knowledge and lessons should we take away from these shows?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Darboy
Posted 6/8/2007 9:31 AM (#56990 - in reply to #56985)
Subject: RE: Farm pond Techniques.

Just another reason why I rarely watch or fish bass anymore. Walleyes are a much more challenging fish to catch and I'd rather watch some walleye guys trolling or jigging and explaining technique over some guy chucking bubblegum colored worms under a log.

The hunting videos are becoming more and more this way as well, that is why I love the shows that Drurys put out. All land they farm themselves and manage for deer and turkeys the way they want to.
WalleyeFIRST
Posted 6/8/2007 10:08 AM (#56994 - in reply to #56990)

I am sometimes amazed at what I see on the TV. Today, it was a TV Bass guy fishing Pike on Rainy with no leader. Hand landing 22" pike with a big stick bait full of trebles hanging from their yap. Can YOU say 'surgery'?

Ponds to fish, and deer farms to hunt....
Posted 6/8/2007 1:30 PM (#57009 - in reply to #56985)

Bill Dance perhaps? ha! He's an excellent farm pond fisherman.
Dentight
Posted 6/8/2007 8:47 PM (#57018 - in reply to #57009)

Yeah ole Bill has been fishin that private water now for close to 30 years. I guess there is a decent turnover of new Bass guy every year that watch the show. He shows a lure or 2 that catches a nice 8-10lb bass and all of the sudden the shelves are empty.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)