Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Pioneer Inn

Message Subject: Pioneer Inn
GM
Posted 3/21/2006 3:18 PM (#41308)
Subject: Pioneer Inn

Yesterday I drove up to deliver my Merc application personally since this is the only way I have ever gotten in and I stopped by at the Pioneer expecting to see a completed structure 1 year later after it was torn down. All I found was an old foundation and a closed resort that looks like it's over and about to be sold to some land developer. What happened? Did they lose their funding? They should have just renovated sections at a time and kept the hotel revenue coming in. It would be sad if this resort disappeared. Have some fond memories of past MWC/PWT tournaments being headquartered here. Anybody shed any light on whats going on?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Viking
Posted 3/21/2006 4:12 PM (#41314 - in reply to #41308)
Subject: RE: Pioneer Inn

It's a pretty technical legal matter...off the top of my head - the Pioneer Inn was originally constructed in part on public land w/ a lease that required there to be access to the public as a condition of use. The new development included condos which would have restricted access to the public thereby violating the terms of the agreement under which the Pioneer Inn was originally constructed. Construction has been halted, lawyers making hay....
Shep
Posted 3/22/2006 7:17 AM (#41338 - in reply to #41308)

You went to deliver the Merc entry in person? I was told I couldn't do that, because it needed to be postmarked. How do you rate? I just wanted to save the $.39 for the stamp! hehehe

It sure does look wierd without anything on that spot, doesn't it?
GM
Posted 3/22/2006 10:32 AM (#41353 - in reply to #41338)

Did not personally deliver, I drove to the Appleton Post Office from Chicago and personally had my son throw it in the mail box there to hopefully get in before all you local boys got all the spots (hehe). The years I did this I always got in, if I mailed from Chicago I ended up on the waiting list. Extreme matters call for extreme measures and I already missed out on the Spring Valley tournament and besides this tournament was always one of my favorites. Time to get the boat out!
Shep
Posted 3/22/2006 12:32 PM (#41359 - in reply to #41353)

Ah, I see. I went to the PO in Milwaukee at Midnight for a couple years, and had them hand stamp the post mark, just to make sure it was done. But I believe that if you are a returning team, and the post mark is the first day of entry, you will be in. No need to drive up here, but definately a need to have the post mark on the first day of entry. Correct me if I am wrong, Jim Coon.
Jim Coon
Posted 3/22/2006 1:12 PM (#41362 - in reply to #41308)

Hi Shep

You are correct first priority goes to the teams that fished last year and remain the same, second goes to the Alternate teams from last year that remain the same. They must be post marked the first day otherwise you are probably out of luck. After the first day teams loose thier priority and could be bumped by a new team again post marked the first day. Many teams take thier entries to the Post Office and watch them hand stamp the envelope. Serveral teams have taken for granted by mailing it it will be post marked that day. These same teams have found out this does not always happen. I wait ten days to be sure I have all the entries post marked the first day before compiling the list. It does not require a trip to Appleton just make sure it gets post marked the first day. I had over three hundred yesterday post marked the 20th and another twenty today post marked the 20th. These are the guidelines that Mercury sets. Any questions e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks

Jim Coon
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)