Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> riggin style!

Message Subject: riggin style!
walleyed
Posted 4/25/2006 2:12 PM (#42855)
Subject: riggin style!

Just wanted to get a little buzz going as the season is getting pretty close. I love to lindy rig and was just hoping to get a little outside input on your weight style/weight preference, leader length, how long you "feed a fish" etc. Can't wait to yank some eyes, good luck to everyone!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Shep
Posted 4/25/2006 2:40 PM (#42858 - in reply to #42855)
Subject: RE: riggin style!

This used to be one of my favorite ways to fish eyes! It seems like I haven't done it forever, what with all the jigging, casting cranks, slip bobbering, and trolling I've been doing the past few years.

Last time I really rigged, was in Canada, on Lake Ena. Was on a newly found bit of structure, and had a 4 foot snell, and a crawler, plain hook. Pulled in my first 10er, and the wife caught her biggest as well. I would love to have weighed the biggest 5 of those fish in nearly any tourney!
Horshak
Posted 4/25/2006 3:27 PM (#42864 - in reply to #42855)

Walleyed, this was my first technique that I learned to catch walleye. I use a ball bearing swivel on 6 lb green trilene, a 4 to 6 foot leader, a #6 hook with a leech hooked through the sucker and a 3/4 oz snap on sinker. Keep the sinker on the bottom and bounce it up and down while trolling very slow. Keep your bail open and your index finger on the line. When you feel a hit, simply let the line go and watch it run out. After a reasonable amount of line runs out or the line stops, reel up to the fish until you feel the weight, then CROSS HIS EYEBALLS. Works for me. Good luck and let me know how it works for you.
hgmeyer_unlogged
Posted 4/25/2006 3:48 PM (#42868 - in reply to #42855)

Take what Horshak said and add "fish"... if you find them they will bite... I do keep a lot of different snells... 3-5 feet... some floaters and some not.... #2 hooks (usually) red... some with a bead or two or three... some "plain"....
sworrall
Posted 4/25/2006 4:48 PM (#42872 - in reply to #42868)

I use a similar presentation, using a swivel and about a 3' snell with a floating jig or a small hook. I use a slip sinker which is usually just a plain old barrel sinker and crawlers with this rig. Used to fish at night on the reefs just casting out the rig and letting the crawler do whatever it did, left the bail open and watched the line in the lantern light.
Skeeter (WI)
Posted 4/25/2006 6:46 PM (#42883 - in reply to #42855)

Ahh my favorite way to Lindy Rig is without a doubt to use a floating jig head with a lively leech however the most critical part of my presentation is to use a coiled Lindy rig, I have also incorperated that coil into other fishing presentations with good success.
Ron Floyd
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)