Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> One down, One to go.

Message Subject: One down, One to go.
walleye express
Posted 3/15/2006 10:19 AM (#40921)
Subject: One down, One to go.

Some of you may remember and were interested in a post I made a while back titled "Rhino My Boat." Where I ended up buying this Duraback Paint product http://www.nonslipcoating.com/ to both seal and protect the bottom of my Jet Boat, and (to eventually this coming spring), do the same on the Deck of my Grady White. Well, I just spent 4 days on my back in the garage and finished the bottom of my Sled, and she is now bullet proof.

I must say suspending the boat from the ceiling, grinding for 1 1/2 days, spreading a 1/2 gallon of bondo, sanding that for a 1/2 day, cleaning the bottom with some very toxic Xylene solvent, and then painting for 2 days all by myself, was a gigantic pain in the arse. And has given me a new respect for body shop guys, but has lessened my anticipation for the job ahead on my Grady.

Edited by walleye express 3/15/2006 10:23 AM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(IM001032.JPG)

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(IM001033.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IM001032.JPG (72KB - 96 downloads)
Attachments IM001033.JPG (60KB - 90 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
butch
Posted 3/15/2006 10:38 AM (#40922 - in reply to #40921)
Subject: RE: One down, One to go.

you should of used some chain falls you could of pulled it almost to the ceiling.
walleye express
Posted 3/15/2006 10:50 AM (#40924 - in reply to #40922)

butch - 3/15/2006 11:38 AM

you should of used some chain falls you could of pulled it almost to the ceiling.

Butch.

I figured if it let go and only fell 2 feet before hitting me, it wouldn't crush as many bones.

Edited by walleye express 3/15/2006 10:51 AM
Horshak
Posted 3/15/2006 2:22 PM (#40936 - in reply to #40921)

Dan, glad to see it went well for you. You will have to let us know how it holds up this season. I thought you were going to put it on the interior of the boat for slip resistance purposes. Your probably gonna create a little more drag. Good Luck.

Edited by Horshak 3/15/2006 2:24 PM
walleye express
Posted 3/15/2006 3:11 PM (#40941 - in reply to #40936)

Horshak - 3/15/2006 3:22 PM

Dan, glad to see it went well for you. You will have to let us know how it holds up this season. I thought you were going to put it on the interior of the boat for slip resistance purposes. Your probably gonna create a little more drag. Good Luck.

I do indeed plan on using the other 2 gallons on the interior, gunnel, deck and floor of the Grady. This is the same stuff, but it is the (Smooth) slip resistance version versus the rough stuff. I'm hoping that feature will give it little if any resistance when actually in contcat with the water alone, versus another porus material. I talked my plans over with their lab man prior to ordering, and he seen no issues with the stuff creating drag when in conctact strickly with the water. We'll soon see and I'll let you know. God forbid I have to remove it.

Edited by walleye express 3/15/2006 5:02 PM
wannagopro
Posted 3/23/2006 8:23 PM (#41430 - in reply to #40921)

this may sound odd, but my dad did something similar about 25 years ago while racing Jet boats, it was like a sand texture paint that was rolled on, it supposedly made the boat faster creating tiny air bubbles under the boat hence lifting it higher out of the water(less drag). to this day, most of it is still under the boat, but lost most of the texture, but after 25 years, what would one expect. let us know if that stuff hold up to the vigors of constantly being in the water.

Jim
walleye express
Posted 3/24/2006 7:30 AM (#41437 - in reply to #41430)

wannagopro - 3/23/2006 9:23 PM

this may sound odd, but my dad did something similar about 25 years ago while racing Jet boats, it was like a sand texture paint that was rolled on, it supposedly made the boat faster creating tiny air bubbles under the boat hence lifting it higher out of the water(less drag). to this day, most of it is still under the boat, but lost most of the texture, but after 25 years, what would one expect. let us know if that stuff hold up to the vigors of constantly being in the water.

Jim

Jim.

I was actually more worried about the small leak that has developed from somewhere on the bottom. And the vigors of the Rocks, stumps, old bridge abutments and Piles on's the Tittabawassee is full of and famous for, than water wear. But if something noteworthy happens either way, I'll chime back in about it.

Edited by walleye express 3/24/2006 7:33 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)