Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> DA BEARS!!!!!!!

Message Subject: DA BEARS!!!!!!!
Horshak
Posted 1/21/2007 6:05 PM (#50779)
Subject: DA BEARS!!!!!!!

One and Done!
Two and Through!
The Bears are winning but are not winners!
We've heard them all in the last few weeks. But where are them Bears now??????
I'll tell ya!

They're going to the BIG DANCE BABY!

It just so happened that I was enjoying my youngest boys B-Day party at Chuckie Cheeses instead of watching the game. I TIVO'd it so I will be watching it shortly. I have my priorties.

Tight Lines All and stay on top of the ice. It was a great day all around.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mark Komo
Posted 1/21/2007 8:03 PM (#50782 - in reply to #50779)
Subject: Re: DA BEARS!!!!!!!

Yeah baby!!!!

Was doing some terrazo work in the bathroom with the radio on. Gotta love the Jeff J and Tom T. Best combo in the business. Was kinda worried in the first quarter. Seen a few mistakes. But they pulled it out. I am still smarting from the ditka comments this week. You figure a guy, who is still sucklin on the teat of chicago and the 85 bears, cant make a call, its poor form.

Just finished my fried schmelts. Tastee!!
Denver
Posted 1/21/2007 9:50 PM (#50784 - in reply to #50779)
Subject: RE: DA BEARS!!!!!!!

Damn right they going to the bowl and a real good chance on winning it at that. wooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tolden
Posted 1/22/2007 9:01 AM (#50787 - in reply to #50784)

Da BEARS.....STILL SUCK! But good luck to them anyway. GO COLTS!!!
Shep
Posted 1/22/2007 10:12 AM (#50789 - in reply to #50787)

Wow, Reggie really pissed the Bears off with the finger wagging! It was no contest after that. I gotta say, the Bears did what they should do after that. Play great defense, and run the ball. They did both. Congrats to them.

I'll be pulling for them in two weeks, believe it or not.

As for the other game. Is Peyton Manning the biggest baby in the NFL? Too bad the refs gave him his shot.

Go Bears!
Gordy
Posted 1/22/2007 11:54 AM (#50791 - in reply to #50779)

Sure is quite in here, winning does that to dis-believers! The National media "experts" are having trouble swallowing crow today! Pretty quite everywhere when it comes to all the Bears faults this year, and how they never stood a chance. Life is good, the bash fest over a good team is now over! Win or lose in the SB (which I feel they have a good shot at) we can finaly all agree the best team in the NFC is playing in the SB.
Brad B
Posted 1/22/2007 11:58 AM (#50792 - in reply to #50779)

"Is Peyton Manning the biggest baby in the NFL?"

Why would you say that? What did I miss?

Brad B
http://www.zebco.com/catalog/youth.html

Edited by Brad B 1/22/2007 12:00 PM
eye Lunker
Posted 1/22/2007 12:38 PM (#50794 - in reply to #50792)

Enjoy your season bears fans! Remember there will always be skeptics no matter the subject sports ,politics or whatever it may be and there's always bad with good when its comes opinions! I hate to admitt it but the bears are the best team in the NFC and earned it!
Joel "Doc" Kunz
Posted 1/22/2007 1:08 PM (#50798 - in reply to #50779)

Congratulations to Bears fans on winning the NFC Championship. Dodged one bullet last week, got a golden egg from the refs on a kickoff return this week and then played good defense against a desperate team, but are they good enough to beat the Colts? Guess we will see. Might actually be a good game.
Shep
Posted 1/22/2007 2:35 PM (#50799 - in reply to #50798)

Why would I say that Manning is a whiner? Watch any of his games. He whines to the refs constantly. Then when he loses a game, the line can't block, the defense can't stop anybody. He's got a great arm, but I can't stand him. I hope the Bears put him on his back. Many times!
jerry
Posted 1/22/2007 3:18 PM (#50802 - in reply to #50799)

Shep,

You've got to be kidding!!!!! Manning is probably, next to Favre, the best competitor in the game. So if someone says anything to a ref in regards to a call they're villified as a whiner???? Not in my book.....I'll take 10 Peyton Manings on my team any day!!! Each and every time he's been on the losing end in the playoffs he stated the facts as to how HE and his team didn't get it done.

Did you see how Brady and Bellichek blew him off after the game? If anyone from last night's game had any issues it would be the Patriots. I lost some respect for Brady and Bellichek, in the words of Denny Green, is EXACTLY who I thought he was!!!

Hats off to the Bear on their 10th NFL Championship, trailing only..........hmmmmm, I wonder who that is??? Good luck in the Super Bowl, but, unlike Shep, there's no way in hell I could root for them. The only thing worse than that would be to root for the Vikings and, fortunately for their great record in the SB, we won't have to worry about that ever!!!

Brad B
Posted 1/22/2007 3:26 PM (#50803 - in reply to #50779)

Guess I've never seen him complain anymore than any other QB. And I've never seen him "flop" like some QB's will trying to draw a call.

Personally, I hope he wins. He's a great QB and will own all of the major records someday if he stays healthy.

But much more importantly, I hope we get rid of this ice soon so I can get back in the boat. If I can find a place to fish this weekend, that will be 11 straight months of open water fishing - that is way more important than Bears vs. Colts!

Brad B
http://www.zebco.com/catalog/youth.html
http://www.kraftfoods.com/jello/products/pudding/instant-pudding-an...

Gordy
Posted 1/22/2007 3:27 PM (#50804 - in reply to #50798)

Joel "Doc" Kunz - 1/22/2007 1:08 PM

Congratulations to Bears fans on winning the NFC Championship. Dodged one bullet last week, got a golden egg from the refs on a kickoff return this week and then played good defense against a desperate team, but are they good enough to beat the Colts? Guess we will see. Might actually be a good game.

Golden egg? What the heck are you talking about? Doc you might want to know the rules before you say things like that. I had a die hard Saints fan over for the game and even he after seeing the re-play (because he knows the rules) said it was an easy call. They showed it 7 times and after the 1st one everyone knew that it was a fumble! Golden egg or more sour grapes by Bears haters?
jerry
Posted 1/22/2007 3:30 PM (#50805 - in reply to #50804)

..."But much more importantly, I hope we get rid of this ice soon so I can get back in the boat. If I can find a place to fish this weekend, that will be 11 straight months of open water fishing - that is way more important than Bears vs. Colts!..."

Now that's a man who has his priorities in the right order!!!! I agree........HEAT WAVE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get rid of this ice!!!!!!!
Shep
Posted 1/22/2007 4:26 PM (#50806 - in reply to #50805)

Never said Payton wasn't a tough competitor. I guess you forgot about two years ago when he blamed his line for not blocking. And earlier this year when he complained about his defense. And every time there is a judgement call, he's running down to the refs to explain to them how he saw it. Then when it doesn't go his way, he pouts and whines. Watch his facial expressions. You've never seen #4 act like that. This is the biggest game he has ever won. He never won big games while at Tenn, and until yesterday, has never won a big game in the NFL.

Go Bears! Wow, did I say that?
bobski
Posted 1/22/2007 4:35 PM (#50807 - in reply to #50806)

I have no respect for the Manning family, particularly the way Archie manipulated the draft for Eli. I hope neither of them ever win a superbowl. GO BEARS!!!!!

Also will be sweeter for the Pack to beat up on the champs next year

Edited by bobski 1/22/2007 4:36 PM
john mannerino
Posted 1/22/2007 6:24 PM (#50809 - in reply to #50779)

I watched all the pregame on 2 channels and only one gave the bears a chance was Ditka. He said it was going to be a blowout because the defense was going to show up. I remember the looks he got from the others. It was priceless to see them eat crow after the game. Indy has a terrible run defense and I think that will be the factor in our win. Were STILL playing. Go Bears!!!!!!
Joel "Doc" Kunz
Posted 1/23/2007 12:45 PM (#50822 - in reply to #50804)

OK Gordy, here's what the coach said

Payton said the explanation he received from the referee after he challenged a fumble call on Michael Lewis' kick return in the first quarter was sufficient to explain why the call on the field was upheld. "The video replay he'd seen was one in which he wasn't able to capture the knee as it pertained to when the ball came out," Payton said. "They're doing their best. It was replayed. I know we spent an inordinate amount of time on it. It didn't work out."

So obviously he still thinks his guy was down and the fact that it was called a fumble is because you couldn't see the ball in the replay view of when the knee touched down. So still a golden egg. Bet coach Payton, if asked, would say so too. If the video rule is the one you are soap boxing, jeepers. I know WHY it was upheld, doesn't change the fact that it was in my opinion, and obviously the coaches opinion a bad call. That's why he threw the flag. Ccripes I said congrats for winning the NFC Championship, take a val dude.
eye Lunker
Posted 1/23/2007 1:48 PM (#50826 - in reply to #50822)

I know this much one play was not the difference of this game. Maybe it was a play that stopped some saint momentum but it was only one play! And it was not the game difference in score.
jealousviking
Posted 1/23/2007 2:43 PM (#50828 - in reply to #50826)

It was quite easy to see from the replay the ball was already coming out on the hit, the announcers simply were telling N.O. fans what they wanted to hear all game, actually all week. Remember Joe Buck is the guy who is so sensitive that he's actually DISGUSTED by someone pretending to pull their pants down.

Bears kicked the Saints up and down the field they same way they did to most other teams they played this year.

Congrats from a vikings fan, do the NFC North proud in the big show.!
Shep
Posted 1/23/2007 3:15 PM (#50830 - in reply to #50828)

I think the turning point of the game was the finger wagging and somersalt by Bush. I saw a pic of the Bear's sideline after the play, and they were just seething over their. Evidently the rookie never heard the quote, "Let sleeping Bears lie".

After that, it was like somebody turned on the switch.

Edited by Shep 1/23/2007 3:16 PM
Gordy
Posted 1/23/2007 8:13 PM (#50837 - in reply to #50822)

Joel "Doc" Kunz - 1/23/2007 12:45 PM

OK Gordy, here's what the coach said

Payton said the explanation he received from the referee after he challenged a fumble call on Michael Lewis' kick return in the first quarter was sufficient to explain why the call on the field was upheld. "The video replay he'd seen was one in which he wasn't able to capture the knee as it pertained to when the ball came out," Payton said. "They're doing their best. It was replayed. I know we spent an inordinate amount of time on it. It didn't work out."

So obviously he still thinks his guy was down and the fact that it was called a fumble is because you couldn't see the ball in the replay view of when the knee touched down. So still a golden egg. Bet coach Payton, if asked, would say so too. If the video rule is the one you are soap boxing, jeepers. I know WHY it was upheld, doesn't change the fact that it was in my opinion, and obviously the coaches opinion a bad call. That's why he threw the flag. Ccripes I said congrats for winning the NFC Championship, take a val dude.

Just so I have this correct, you feel that it was not a fumble, right?
And the Coach of a losing team (you think) would agree with you. Humm like I said the rules are the rules. You can look it up on the nfl.com website, they explain what is and what is not a fumble. Over the course of the year there are many plays just like that one, 95% get the correct call after review. They got this one right, the ball was clearly on the way out while he was still off the turf.

You can take a coaches word on "why" or just simply look things up for yourself. It's one thing to listen to a guy who just lost the biggest game of his life, it's another to know the rules.

I don't need a val dude, it's just hard reading people who use words like "lucky" "Bad team" Golden egg" Gifted the win" Because throught the course of a season and even in the playoffs every team makes plays and every team makes mistakes. The teams that make the fewest mistakes and over come the ones they do have, advance (without excuse) thats football and thats how it's been since the 1st game was played.
Mud Duck
Posted 1/23/2007 8:44 PM (#50838 - in reply to #50837)

Congrats to the Bears and their fans.
guido
Posted 1/24/2007 9:03 AM (#50854 - in reply to #50779)

even if it wasnt a fumble the bears would have still blown them out. as far as manning he is a great QB. i just hope he ends up on his back or running for his life like brees was doing all day. if the bears can stop the saints offense they can stop anybody. and the colts can be run against and the bears will exploit that. we dont want to get in a shootout with them. and i also think we can get big return yards against them like the pats did. are special teams are the best in the league. " i hope the return yards come from punts though! hahahah GO BEARS!!!!
Joel "Doc" Kunz
Posted 1/24/2007 2:21 PM (#50869 - in reply to #50837)

No Gordy, you need therapy and to maybe grow up a bit. Wow I never said they didn't deserve to be there, got lucky or are a bad team, so save the drum beating for someone else. Done with this thread.

Edited by Joel "Doc" Kunz 1/24/2007 2:25 PM
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)