Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Now viewing page 6 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> When the chips are down, who's all USA???

Message Subject: When the chips are down, who's all USA???
Big 3 worker
Posted 12/3/2008 6:19 PM (#75397 - in reply to #75395)
Subject: RE: When the chips are down, who's all USA???

Just FYI RNT. You might want to reread my post. You keep refering to me calling you a scab. If you read it again, you'll see that I was refering to work I, ME, MYSELF used to do. Not you. Apology accepted.

Beyond that, I'm done arguing. It's pointless. You have your false information and steroetypes and it looks like you only get worse with debate. First you say $28/fr, now you're claiming workers make $40?? Ha Ha Ha. , where did you get that one? I've yet to meet an hourly worker making $40/hr. It might be different if you debated with facts, but you chose to keep believing false rumors, decades old issues, and misinformation. Hard to debate that. Good luck. Just remember we told you so when you see the effects after they fail.

And to those that keep saying the U.S. auto industry is outdated. You couldn't be more detached and uninformed. Just look at the statistics. Ford is head to head with the Japanese in quality. GM and Ford are as good or better on fuel economy with comparable Japanese models, and whips all the other imports. Who going to be first to the market with an all electric car? GM, with Ford and Chrysler right behind. Toyota and Honda are in a distant 4th and 5th. Chrysler is equal to Honda and Toyota in labor costs, even with a union and legacy costs. So, effectively, they're more cost efficient than both of them. GM and Ford will also be more cost efficient than the Japanese in 2010. Very close right now! And who's the worlds #1 producer? GM. Sure sounds far from outdated to me!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RedNeckTech
Posted 12/3/2008 6:30 PM (#75399 - in reply to #75397)

You're right Big 3, I miss read what you wrote. Besides that you are far from being accurate on isues yourself. The average wage reaches $39.68 an hour, including base pay, cost-of-living adjustments, night-shift premiums, overtime, holiday and vacation pay. Do your research. You look at it one way, I another. Time to close.

Edited by RedNeckTech 12/3/2008 6:37 PM
Rod Blackwell
Posted 12/4/2008 3:45 PM (#75419 - in reply to #75093)

The Rise and Fall of The Roman Empire, Read it and ask yourself who or what does
it remind you of. Last year 4% of elite families made as much half the country. On to "fairtrade". In 1988 while station in korea in order 4 a korean 2 buy a american made automobile they had 2 buy a 10,000 dollar korean saving bond.

MAKE IT IN AMERICA OR AMERICA WONT MAKE IT
Posted 12/4/2008 4:14 PM (#75421 - in reply to #75093)

junk in your trunk american made
sworrall
Posted 12/4/2008 6:22 PM (#75425 - in reply to #75093)
Subject: Re: When the chips are down, who's all USA???

?
bnbbnb
Posted 12/4/2008 6:42 PM (#75427 - in reply to #75093)

I guess the patriotic thing for all of us to do is sell our Yamahas and buy Mercs...
Posted 12/4/2008 6:52 PM (#75428 - in reply to #75093)

Ross Perot was right! That sucking sound we are hearing is the jobs leaving the US.
Big 3 worker
Posted 12/4/2008 9:42 PM (#75432 - in reply to #75428)

Well, we got the word today that on Dec 9 our dept is essentially shut down. Out of a job. No money even for r&d. Looks like the BRIDGE LOANS are not going to happen or fall short. Sad ending to the USA as we know it. From the greatest manufacturing country, to essentially a service and banking industry. I hope the constituents and congress are really happy and I hate to be spiteful, but I guess it is warranted since there's alot coming this way. All I know is that the next time the coasts get hit by a hurricane, the Mississippi or Illinois floods, or whatever disaster happens, I'm going to spend countless hours lobbying against any of my tax dollars going to help out people "who should have seen it coming", just like those people say about the auto industry. Ahhhhhhhh, the Divided States of America. What a sad ending.

Luckily, I saw it coming and took my little nest egg to grab a depressed property in northern Michigan from someone who lost their job before me. If I don't come across another job in 2 months, I'm walking away from my current house, tossing the mortgagel over to RNT's taxes, and going to live up there on unemployment until something breaks. Thanks again RNT. Enjoy the bill!!!
RedNeckTech
Posted 12/4/2008 11:48 PM (#75435 - in reply to #75432)

Boy Big 3, for someone who ended a debate you sure like poking a bear. If you need a job that bad come over here and I will get you one, just stop whining. Just pack up and leave your responsibilities and messes to others.
stacker
Posted 12/5/2008 12:46 PM (#75444 - in reply to #75435)

careful redneck, there will soon be 100,000 people knocking on yor door looking for a job.
RedNeckTech
Posted 12/5/2008 3:51 PM (#75448 - in reply to #75444)

I'm actually being sincere. There will be job openings to be filled in early spring, I'm not sure what pay rate he would be looking for but I'll do my part to try to help.
Croton
Posted 12/6/2008 4:46 AM (#75457 - in reply to #75399)

A confession.

I need financial help bad. I was a journeyman tinsmith at DELPHI where I spent 6 years in the UAW Jobs Bank making a 1360.00 check every week for doing NOTHING. I hunted and fished and built my son's house and my lakeside vacation retreat and all sorts of neat stuff and I didn't have to work one minute for 6 years. With 30 years of highly questionable service and including 3 plus years on sick leave, they offered to give me a 47,000 check and and 3000.00 dollar per month pension with 100% paid health care until I reach the age of 62 when my GM pension drops by the amount when My Sociial Security starts.
I am 54 year old and I have many payments and bills to pay plus I have 2 kids going to IVY League schools learning to be BIG TIME corporate attorneys.

I JUST CAN"T MAKE ON 3000.00 dollars per month or a pukey 750.00 per week and try to support myself and my wife, who is a school district honcho making another 112,00 per year.

My 2 year old new Ranger boat with a sweet 250 Yamaha, I can't sell nor can I get rid of my 2002 Class A motor home.

Would some of you guys like to send me some money to help a good guy get through these really rough times.

I sure hope the goverment auto bailout money comes through because I have a condo rented in Jamaica for the month of April. The wife and I really need a break since it has 6 months since we got back from Hawaii. Those 14 days on Maui was great and I did some really neat deep sea fishing. Gawd is that kind of fishing fun but it is too expensive for me. LOL.

Please help me out financially. I would do the same for you if you were in my terrible position.

Those naughty people who bash the UAW should just be ashamed of themselves, I deserve what I got from GM and everbody else is just jealous because I walked a picket line once for 4 hours until my back started hurting. When the strike was settled my back hurt so bad I went on sick leave so I could go mule deer hunting in Colorado. Those rich GM excutives can't screw me out of my dream hunting trip!

It sure feels nice to be retired but this money situation is really stressing me out.

Did I tell about the good deal I got on my 2007 Duramax diesel truck? Now the wife wants a new Hummer H2 because the YUKON Denali was wrecked when we hit a deer last month hunting in the Michigan's U.P. where our second home is located.

HEY Red NECK TECH.....can you spare a 100.00 a month till I get back on my feet?

RedNeckTech
Posted 12/6/2008 10:13 AM (#75466 - in reply to #75457)

My offer to someone on another forum was not a joke
Croton
Posted 12/6/2008 12:25 PM (#75473 - in reply to #75466)

Red Neck Tech says:

My offer to someone on another forum was not a joke

To Red Neck Tech:

Nor was my plea for financial help from the fine folks here. ajoke! What part of my story do you think was a joke?

Ok I fibbed about my boat. I really have a 3 year old Skeeter with a 150 hp Yamaha and my My Duramax is a 2005.

BUT ALL THE OTHER THINGS I SAID WERE 100% TRUE.
The UAW made a lazy person out of me but what do I care? Everybody else at GM was milking the system so I just decided to "get my share".

Go ask any UAW member working at a GM plant or DELPHI?

I make more retired that 90% of you guys make working and I apologize to nobody. Because I have what you guys want does that make me a bad person? I never broke any laws did I?
sworrall
Posted 12/6/2008 5:22 PM (#75487 - in reply to #75093)

Hoo Boy.
RedNeckTech
Posted 12/6/2008 6:37 PM (#75496 - in reply to #75487)

Hoo boy is right.
Raped and Pillaged
Posted 12/7/2008 7:03 AM (#75505 - in reply to #75093)

Sounds like your proud of the fact that you made 1360.00 a week inflating the cost of the automobile by doing NOTHING. Its a no wonder guys like RNT feel the way they do!
RedNeckTech
Posted 12/7/2008 10:08 AM (#75517 - in reply to #75473)

Congrats Croton, you are a proud welfare recipient.
Sunshine
Posted 12/7/2008 1:29 PM (#75523 - in reply to #75517)

maybe this is why the auto industry is hurting:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/10235271/index.html?taf=det

Posted 12/7/2008 3:57 PM (#75536 - in reply to #75093)

Croton, you put your time in and deserve what you get! Obviously some people want more and don't have more and bash those that do. Free World Man! PS Certain people with union ties themselves should quit bashing them they have done alot for you! You know who you are....SS And yes I am still hiding behind my computer eye lunker!
Posted 12/7/2008 4:50 PM (#75539 - in reply to #75536)

LOL...put his time in. Yup! Was not productive and did not contribute to the over all production but hot damn he surely put his time in!
Croton
Posted 12/8/2008 4:08 AM (#75556 - in reply to #75093)

Like I said if you don't believe me ask Walleye Express about the GM/UAW pension amounts and buyout offers.

We are rich and the rest of America has to work.

Why do people hate me and Walleye Express so much? We are "gettin our share" legally, but now we just need more people to buy GM cars and trucks so they can afford to pay retired guys like us!

I have been told to start some fun business so I can write off all my toys as a business expense. LEt' see, I could fish pro walleye tournaments until the IRS caught me and said it was just a hobby OR I could farm and bale some hay and sell it for 7.00 dollars a bale.
Posted 12/8/2008 4:15 AM (#75557 - in reply to #75517)

Thank you Red NEck Tech. I love being a UAW welfare person. It is just as Walter Reuther said it was, "The UAW members will have heaven on earth and no company paid benefit will be too big for our proud UAW membership"

...but can you spare that 100.00 per month. That 100.00 will fill my truck with diesel fuel so I can go back and forth from my place up on Lake Gogebic. I need to know as soon as possible becuase we are having a big party up there on New Years' Eve and I need gas money to go up there and tell the hot tub guy where to install my new 8 person hot tub.
Croton
Posted 12/8/2008 4:26 AM (#75558 - in reply to #75523)

AWWW come on ....those are faithful UAW members just making a living.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/10235271/index.html?taf=det

Since I was skilled trades at Delphi and management never cared what I was doing or where I was, I had a bartender job partime across the street from the plant I used to do for about 3 years while I was on the clock at DELPHI. I worked 2 jobs at the same time. THe owner of the bar paid me cash under the table. A nice little cash nest egg I used to buy a Kawasaki Mule for the place up north when I deer hunt.

thumper
Posted 12/8/2008 6:36 AM (#75560 - in reply to #75093)

The prosecution rests it's case, your honor.
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Now viewing page 6 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)