Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> Walleye Tackle and Equipment -> Problems with Lowrance 334c

Message Subject: Problems with Lowrance 334c
eye2eye
Posted 9/30/2008 7:32 PM (#73921)
Subject: Problems with Lowrance 334c

If you are having any issues with the Lowrance 334c or its sister the 332c please post what they are. Myself and two of my friends have the 334c and are having several problems; the worst is losing waypoints that have been stored. My unit will only "remember" about 15 or so and will start reassigning new ones at #1 and so on. Also a couple times a year it won't bring up the second menu to allow split screen, gps and sonar. This problem is correctable with the soft restart, which we can live with. We have downloaded all available updates, and also contacted customer service, who denies any knowledge of widespread problems with these units. But everyone I know with one, is having problems. I'm not trying to cause Lowrance any grief with this, as I really love this unit, just wish it didn't have the losing waypoints issue. Also seems to take a very long time to lock onto satillites which I can also live with. Any one else out there having these problems with this unit? Thanks for any feed back. eye2eye
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jim
Posted 9/30/2008 7:44 PM (#73922 - in reply to #73921)
Subject: RE: Problems with Lowrance 334c

You can try Linda colt if you are having problems, she works for lowrance. Just email her and tell her your problem and I'm sure she will help you out.
[email protected]
eye2eye
Posted 9/30/2008 7:57 PM (#73923 - in reply to #73922)

Jim; we did contact the company who said for around 200 dollars they would add more memory to the unit. But our opinion is, IF this is a wide spread problem with this unit, every one should get it corrected for the cost of shipping. I believe a company needs to stand behind their products. Just trying to find out how big the problem is. Noticed this unit was only around a season or two, now called the 520 I think for basically the same thing. Thanks
Mark Komo
Posted 9/30/2008 8:40 PM (#73925 - in reply to #73923)

Other than a slow connection to the GPS (same with the 522), my 334 and 332 work just fine. No problems with storing way points.

Can you unload you data (back up via scan) then hard reboot.? Maybe a factory storage setting of sometype came undone.
TJ DeVoe
Posted 9/30/2008 8:42 PM (#73926 - in reply to #73923)
Subject: Re: Problems with Lowrance 334c

On MuskieFirst, there is a thread that is dedicated for Lowrance questions where people are having issues. OutdoorsFIRST has a Lowrance Technical Supervisor who is top notch and really knows his stuff we talk with to get accurate information to help those with problems. I will send your issue to him and see what he says instead of an ongoing complaint thread.
CT
Posted 10/13/2008 8:31 AM (#74134 - in reply to #73921)

at least you can get lowrance support, I had problems last year with my then 3 year old lowrance unit and they told me too bad we don't support that unit anymore.

I keep asking if anyone else does lowrance repairs but get no responses.
sworrall
Posted 10/15/2008 9:25 PM (#74184 - in reply to #73921)

CT,
Which unit, and what is the issue? We'll see what we can find out for you.
CT
Posted 10/23/2008 8:09 AM (#74301 - in reply to #73921)

sworrall- It's a X-18

freezes up when trying to power up at times or won't power up and I have to shut off and then back on

claims to be over zoomed when not very "zoomed in"

and this is really strange- at times there is a small image that is in the shape of my navionics chip, this image is on the lower right area of the screen
TJ DeVoe
Posted 10/23/2008 11:58 PM (#74318 - in reply to #74301)

First off, double check your power connections. Make sure there solid.

As for your zoom. I take it your wanting to zoom in with the gps correct? Or are you talking zooming in with the sonar?

The little image at the bottom of the screen is typical. That means when you've asked the machine to do something like zoom in, it's bringing the information up. So it's basically doing what task your asking it too.
Mark Komo
Posted 10/27/2008 8:51 AM (#74364 - in reply to #73921)

yep, I see the image too, but thats a good thing. Means the unit is access data from the chip.

Also, it makes sense to check on the current version of software. I actually thougth I was good, but found I needed updates to all my units, plus the LCG200. So 4 of em.
CT
Posted 10/27/2008 10:10 AM (#74368 - in reply to #73921)

I am current with the data, I've checked that a couple times,

Zooming: Yep on GPS

I think power is good, I can double check but when I switch my units around the other seems fine. (boat is in storage now though)

Is there really nobody in the entire US that can continue service on these units? I mean even if I find the issue to be fixable, there has to be lots of Lowarnce owners out there who'd like service on slightly older untis
Jayman
Posted 10/28/2008 10:55 AM (#74408 - in reply to #74368)

Service? I'll keep my comments to myself regarding Lowrance's Customer service.

CT, If you haven't yet, try taking your chip out and cleaning the chip, just wide the dust, moisture residue, whatever off. I've had the same issue a few times with the X-19 and everytime I've corrected it by removing the chip and wipeing it and putting it back in. Good Luck.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)