Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Veterans Day

Message Subject: Veterans Day
Skeeter
Posted 11/10/2008 7:47 PM (#74677)
Subject: Veterans Day

Tomorrow November 11 is Veterans Day. It is a day to remember all the men and women who served in one of the US Military service’s. I would like to say “Thank YOU for serving our great USA”. We must also remember the personal that are in a hospital due to an injury and the ones that are now serving. I salute each of you and say thank you. For me it is a day of remembering not only the time served but the personal I served with. Some good memories some not some good that you never forget. Fly your flag and reflect. Nels Larsen River Rat Vietnam 68 -70
Top of the page Bottom of the page
john mannerino
Posted 11/11/2008 9:25 AM (#74682 - in reply to #74677)
Subject: Re: Veterans Day

Skeeter, Thank you and all like you. I do some things with the USO here in Chicago,and I see boys comming and going alot. Every one of them gets a thanks from my wife and I. Also on a harder note ,we are doing work at both VA hospitals in our area and it is a hard thing to see. A hand shake, pat on the back, or just say thank you goes along way there. I will tell you this; never under estimate the heart of a veteran.
Shep
Posted 11/11/2008 11:36 AM (#74684 - in reply to #74682)

John,

Thanks to people like you who spend there time helping out troops. I know when I got stuck in O'Hare on the way back from Germany, the volunteers at the USO there were a welcome help.

When I see one of our service men or women, I'll go right up to them, and thank them for their service. It's a little thing, but I think it makes both of us feel good, and thankful we live here.
Tommy Skarlis
Posted 11/11/2008 12:38 PM (#74689 - in reply to #74677)

Thanks to all of our veterans, armed forces and everyone else involved. If it weren't for all of you, we would not be free and doing what we love to do!

God Bless America!
Horshak
Posted 11/11/2008 3:52 PM (#74695 - in reply to #74677)

A big heartfelt thank you goes out to all our service men and women. I know it means a lot to me when my kids say Happy Veterans Day Dad. A little thank you goes a long way. I'm proud to have served and am greatful for those who protect our freedom.
stick bait
Posted 11/12/2008 10:50 AM (#74715 - in reply to #74677)
Subject: RE: Veterans Day

Well said guys. Without the Veterans we have nothing! Thanks to all of those vets who keep us free and able to walleye fish!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)