Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> And even more bad news for the fishing industry and Wisconsin

Message Subject: And even more bad news for the fishing industry and Wisconsin
Sunshine
Posted 12/14/2008 11:02 AM (#75725 - in reply to #75722)
Subject: RE: And even more bad news for the fishing industry and Wisconsin

Guest,

Please educate me some more. I'm a little confused. A quick search on my part brought up these facts.

According to figures and data from the American Association for the Advancement of Science, the White House, U.S. Census Bureau, the Coalition for Space Exploration, and other space advocacy groups such as the National Space Society and U.S. Space Foundation, when divided by the number of American citizens who pay their taxes on Tax Day, the amount of NASA's budget works out to approximately $57.10 USD per year per taxpayer -- $1.09 a week, or 15 cents a day in current 2007 spending.

Total amounts (in real dollars) that NASA has been budgeted from 1958 to 2008 amounts to $592.380 billion dollars -- an average of $11.847 billion per year. According to the Office of Management and Budget and the Air Force Almanac, when measured in real terms (Meaning: if the value of $1.00 at today's rate equaled the value of $1.00 in 1958), the figure is $810.459 billion, or an average of $16.290 billion dollars per year over its fifty year history.

Check out this web page.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_Budget

Top of the page Bottom of the page
RedNeckTech
Posted 12/14/2008 11:09 AM (#75726 - in reply to #75722)
Subject: RE: And even more bad news for the fishing industry and Wisconsin

Guest,

Only for the past year have I been employed by someone, the 20 years before that I was self-employed and I helped develop products for nation wide use including fishing products. Salmo did not enter this country on it's own as you know. I pay income taxes, property taxes and I used to pay huge business taxes. I know both sides of the field very well.
Jayman
Posted 12/15/2008 8:05 AM (#75746 - in reply to #75664)
Subject: Re: And even more bad news for the fishing industry and Wisconsin

For the 1st quarter in 52 years American personal debt has dropped. Perhaps Americans are finally awakening to the idea of fiscal responsibility. As opposed to using thier home as an ATM machine like so many have for the last decade.

The times they are a changin'...
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)