Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> Walleye Boats and Motors -> Washing and waxing Glass Boats

Message Subject: Washing and waxing Glass Boats
Big O
Posted 6/21/2009 2:29 PM (#82602)
Subject: Washing and waxing Glass Boats

What products work for you to keep those sparklie fiberglass/Gelcoated boats shined up and waxed so silky smoth? What wash brew cuts thru the slim line best? What wax is fairly easy on/off leaving good results? I guess what I'm asking is How do I take care of my ride best?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
KHedquist
Posted 6/21/2009 6:46 PM (#82606 - in reply to #82602)
Subject: RE: Washing and waxing Glass Boats

I got one of those 1 or 2 gallon pump garden sprayers, fill it 3/4 distilled water and the rest with viniger, I spray that on every time I take my boat out of the water, and wipe it off, get the crud before it dries, then I use Skeeter Restore after, spray it on, wipe it to spread it evenly, then let it sit for a couple of minutes and buff it with a fresh towel, I also will use a good quality marine wax a couple of times a year. But Larson Sales Restore is awsome
http://www.larsensales.com/
Jimm
Posted 6/21/2009 7:02 PM (#82607 - in reply to #82602)

I would also like a easy way to keep the boat looking nice. But all this work with waxing and buffing takes up valuable fishing time. Any easy ways would help.
Jimm
budsbud66_w
Posted 6/21/2009 11:59 PM (#82613 - in reply to #82602)

If you own a glass boat, the best investment you can make is a buffer.

I use a Milwaukee Buffer, i cant describe the difference between hand wax'ing and a buffer..

I also do the acid wash (bathroom cleaner) (ocilic acid only) once or twice a year.. (gets the yellow out) wear gloves, and wash and wax after doing it.

Shep
Posted 6/23/2009 9:16 AM (#82648 - in reply to #82613)

The easiest way to keep your rig looking nice is to wipe it off EVERY time you load it at the launch. I keep two towels in the back of the truck. One for me to do the motors(cause the great looking Black motors have to be shiny), and one for my partner for the day, to wipe down the boat and trailer fenders. I use Skeeter's stuff when at home. A good marine wax a couple times a year, and the boat really does look great all the time.
KHedquist
Posted 6/23/2009 9:33 AM (#82649 - in reply to #82648)

You dont have any towels for the Hooters Girl pit crew to towel off your boat?
iceman35
Posted 6/24/2009 5:44 AM (#82658 - in reply to #82602)
Subject: Re: Washing and waxing Glass Boats

All great info, several boat wash down sprays have wax in them... I would do a good wax job before you put the boat up for the winter... then again mid summer some cool evening with some beer... the sprays with the wax in them do a real nice job!
hoss15
Posted 6/24/2009 8:36 AM (#82661 - in reply to #82602)

check out bassboatsaver.com just spray on and wipe off at the landing. very easy to use and makes it sparkle.
iceman35
Posted 6/28/2009 1:23 PM (#82732 - in reply to #82602)

had today off so went outside and wiped down the boat with armour all mist and wax detailer... got rid of the scum line and left a great finish... rubbed down the whole boat with a cotton rag and awesome wax finish...
FYI don't forget the trailer... bring some cleaner to the ramp and wipe it down when the boats tied up... some spots easier with no boat on it...
now its corona time...
Skeeter
Posted 7/3/2009 7:11 AM (#82929 - in reply to #82732)

I suggest using Wonderfoam and Restore. You do not have to use gloves and face mask as all our products are biodegradable and MADE for boats. You don't have to worry about harming your clear coat. The price we pay for our boats today it is important to use products that are made to use on boats either painted Al or fiberglass boats.

We have a product called Wonderfoam (mineral deposits, scum lines, white spots) that does work really well. Do your
boat in quarters. Wet down the boat first with water then spray on Wonderfoam. Wipe it around with a rag or use a soft brush if it is really bad. Let it set for a min and rinse it off real well. Depending on how bad it is you might have to repeat but don't let the product set for longer than a min at a time. Then go on to the next quarter. After you have finished cleaning it and the boat is dry spray on Restore (Cleaner Wax) , simply wipe it around and let it dry. Restore dries quickly, then wipe it off. Better to use 2 light coats than a heavy
coat. If you notice some streaking get another rag. It will load up on
the rag and you will not see it but notice some streaking if that is the case. After you have a few coats on the boat you will notice a huge difference in the amount of water spots left on your boat as Restore resists water. Makes clean up a breeze for you when you get off the water. We take much pride in offering you the best! If I can help further let me know. http://www.larsensales.com 989 837 2681 Thanks Nels / Skeeter

Edited by Skeeter 7/3/2009 7:12 AM
Sunshine
Posted 7/3/2009 7:23 AM (#82930 - in reply to #82929)

Listen to Skeeter!

The products he speaks of are the best on the market. Period!
Tom22
Posted 9/1/2009 5:30 PM (#84820 - in reply to #82602)

use Skeeters stuff..its fantastic...Tom
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)