Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Gander Mountain Shad Raps

Message Subject: Gander Mountain Shad Raps
Shep
Posted 3/8/2005 4:56 PM (#29303)
Subject: Gander Mountain Shad Raps

Just left the Wausau Gander Mountain, and saw some of the coolest custom Shad Raps. They just got in 5 new colors, and they look great. I bought a bunch, just couldn't help myself. Not sure if all the other Ganders are going to get them or not. I'll try to post pics tomorrow when I get home. Remembered the camera, forgot the cable.

Damn, I feel as old as Worrall today. Maybe it's the 3 weeks of being a former smoker.

I'll be back up to Wausau next Monday/Tuesday. If the local stores aren't getting them, I will take orders. hehehe

Justin, GMG? Are you guys going to get these too?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
hgmeyer
Posted 3/8/2005 5:16 PM (#29306 - in reply to #29303)
Subject: RE: Gander Mountain Shad Raps

THree qweeks... no smoking... Congrats... That is an accomplishment that is worth noting... Now, just keep it up...
Jeff White
Posted 3/8/2005 5:48 PM (#29307 - in reply to #29303)

As a former smoker (12years now) keep giving yoursel rewards for quitting, Rapalas are a great self gift, hang in there and when you start to have dreams about smoking and waking up feeling guilty about it you got er licked.

Those dreams didn't come for me for about 8 months. It can be done

good luck and be proud of yourself
jerry
Posted 3/8/2005 5:53 PM (#29308 - in reply to #29303)

Great job Shep. Keep up the good work!!!
Science Nerd
Posted 3/8/2005 6:13 PM (#29310 - in reply to #29303)

Keep working on not smoking its well worth the pain!! I lost my mom when she was 48 to smoking related lung cancer. I sure miss her more than you miss the cancer sticks and your family and friends would miss you more also.

Besides if you give up a pack a day habit that should get you a crankbait a day in self reward.

Nerdy
Shep
Posted 3/8/2005 6:28 PM (#29311 - in reply to #29310)

Quitting has gone pretty good. The worst was last Wednesday on a road trip with the boss and 4 others. 4 of them smoked. It was tough around 1:00 AM, but I made it! hehehe

Nerd, A Shad Rap a day, just for quitting? Never really thought of it that way. And the wife quit, too. She was worse, at two packs a day! Perhaps I will have to put half that money away. I'll have a new boat in no time! That 2002 is looking mighty old, LOL

Hope to find out if these Raps are only for the Wausau store, or will we be seeing them on the shelves in Appleton. Does Gander do that? Get a custom color only for one store?
Tom K
Posted 3/8/2005 10:15 PM (#29320 - in reply to #29303)

Congrats on your accomplishment so far Shep...

Unfortunately, I am still a slave to tobacco...I am trying to come up with some preparation in quitting...I have tried a few times before with various medications and quit smoking aids to no avail...

Please give more details on these Raps and what to look for...I'll look at the Rockford store and if they have them...I will also take orders if other cannot locate them...
streakfreak
Posted 3/8/2005 10:47 PM (#29321 - in reply to #29303)

As a manufacturer of crankbaits myself, I have also had the good fortune as to make customs for Gander Stores. I have made custom colors for a few stores, but all purchasing still must get approved (as I understand it) by Corporate Gander. SO, to answer your question as to "does Gander do customs for just one store"?...it is possible! My cusom GLOW color KA-BOOMS are Gander exclusives and are available so far in two Gander stores...Appleton and Sheboygan. Other stores are lined up to get some, but no official PO yet..Hope so!! I also make custom color lures for distributors and other dealers as well. As for Rapala's distribution of customs...I do not know, but if there is a demand, I am sure they will get it done. Hope this helps.

Oh yes, congratulations on your success of quitting smoking. I knew you could do it!

Edited by streakfreak 3/8/2005 10:49 PM
Shep
Posted 3/8/2005 11:46 PM (#29323 - in reply to #29321)

Thanks, Dave. I got a bunch of your Gander Customs 2 weeks ago at the Appleton Walleye Wisdom event!
Hafe
Posted 3/9/2005 7:53 AM (#29333 - in reply to #29303)

Dave what I'd like are some Clear Unpainted Deep KA-BOOM Shiners. Have a couple of old style Thunderstick Jrs. like that,and on a sunny day,with suspended walleyes on Bago,they are fantastic.Just something to think about.I will be starting my own collection this year,so you better ramp up production.
Moose
Posted 3/9/2005 8:09 PM (#29375 - in reply to #29303)

Shep, I'm right behind ya on the smoking. I have a week and 2 days.Yahooo!!!!!!! I've been rewarding my self more also by icefishing more and buying more baits,two new reels. Keep up the hard work!! I have notice one thing, I keep my self really busy now.
Bob
sworrall
Posted 3/10/2005 2:22 PM (#29420 - in reply to #29375)

Shep,
My friend, you absolutely COULD'T feel as old as I today...

Pretty nice patterns, nice looking lures. Pretty soon there won't BE a standard color!
STINGER(WI)
Posted 3/10/2005 6:30 PM (#29427 - in reply to #29303)

Great job Shep!
This April it will be 5 years without a smoke. I tried everything to quit but always faltered until my nephew told me to take the money I spent on smokes and buy cranks. That idea worked great, it did not cost anything extra, I quit a very nasty habit and man, my crank inventory grew.lol

Good luck buddy.
GWH
Posted 3/13/2005 7:14 PM (#29556 - in reply to #29303)

Was at the Gander in Germantown on Saturday , and yes they do have the new colors......
Justin Gaiche
Posted 3/14/2005 6:31 PM (#29606 - in reply to #29303)

Appleton: Shad Raps are in!
Petros
Posted 3/14/2005 8:41 PM (#29613 - in reply to #29303)

Sorry guys I bought out Geneva, IL today, but they said more will be in soon. they look really tasty, and have great finishes. I bought 8 of each color and plan to try 'em out soon
Gander Mt Guide
Posted 3/15/2005 9:53 AM (#29641 - in reply to #29303)

YOU SONS OF GUNS.....YOU GOT TO ALL THE PINK/PEARLS BEFORE I DID! ahhaahhahahahahaaaa

The G-Town store is out of Pink/Pearl. The purple/pearl looks so much like the standard purple Shad Rap, that I don't see that much of a difference.

Edited by Gander Mt Guide 3/15/2005 9:54 AM
Mr. Darboy
Posted 3/15/2005 3:35 PM (#29664 - in reply to #29303)

Went to the Appleton store today, no pink or purple left. What's the deal, does everyone think these are going to be hot or are people just buying them since they are a limited edition??? Lots of the other colors left so something has to be up with these 2.
Shep
Posted 3/15/2005 4:15 PM (#29666 - in reply to #29664)

What's up with the Purple? Didn't I mention that I bought 5 on the other thread? That's all it takes! hehehe

I really don't know about the pink though. There's a Pink thing going on in the Muskie world, too. Sad, really sad. hehehe
Petros
Posted 3/15/2005 7:37 PM (#29673 - in reply to #29303)

Guaranteed many MWC teams have bought most of the pink pearls for the IL River Tournament this coming weekend. Pink and pearl is one of the hottest and most productive colors on the river. Used to be a secret but a few guys let the cat out of the bag a few years back.
walleyedmike
Posted 3/15/2005 9:33 PM (#29678 - in reply to #29673)

They have/had some at the Gander Mtn. in Merrillville, IN, too.
Brother Otis
Posted 3/15/2005 9:35 PM (#29679 - in reply to #29303)

With all of the hype on the purple prism DJ's, I finally bought a few last summer and broke them out on 'bago last year... it is easy to see why they do not stay on the shelves long!

It may be a long for some, but Cabela's in Prairie du Chien, WI has glas Shad Raps on sale for 3.99- I loaded up on a bunch this past weekend. I believe the sale is good thru March 20th, and is good only at that location.

Mark
Rippin_eyes
Posted 3/15/2005 10:42 PM (#29680 - in reply to #29303)

Maybe with all the excitement of these pink ones Rapala will take notice?!?!?!?! I must say when the fellow that came in and bought 450 bucks worth of Pinks raps from Mankato, he was the talk of the fishing department, I'm just glad I picked up my share!!!
eyellaw
Posted 3/18/2005 4:14 PM (#29812 - in reply to #29303)

was at gander moutian in flint mi and the new shad raps are in almost bought them out of a couple colors pink pearl and the orange and chartuse will be looking for more at other stores
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)