Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> USCG Captian's License courses offered

Message Subject: USCG Captian's License courses offered
WalleyeFIRST
Posted 12/21/2005 11:27 AM (#38222)
Subject: USCG Captian's License courses offered

Here's an email I received from Gary. he's organizing several courses, at what appears to be pretty good pricing. Any questions, please contact him at the link provided.

Mr Worrall, Thanks for taking the time to return my call. Here is a listing of the courses and dates for the USCG Captain courses. If you or anyone else has questions about the topic please call me. I work closely with the USCG to get my students through the process with as little problems as possible. Also our prices and course quality beats my out of state competitors by considerable margin.

Anyone guiding on federal waters needs a USCG "Captains" License. Here is an alternative to the more expensive out of state courses. Explorer's Guide is offering several different courses to meet your needs. These are USCG approved and include all course materials and exams.

The full OUPV is for the Great Lakes, Inland waters, and near coastal. Cost is $595 and covers 56-hrs of classes over two long weekends starting on Thursday evening.

The Limited and Restricted OUPV is for the Winnebago System, Rock River, and pools on the Western Rivers such as Mississippi. Cost is $250/$295 over a three day weekend.

Explorer's Guide will also provide help with your USCG application. They can be reached at 800-487-6029 or http://www.explorersguidellc.com

OUPV Milwaukee, WI: starting Jan 19, 2006
OUPV Bridgeman, MI (Between Michigan City and St Joe): starting Feb 23, 06
OUPV - NWTC, Green Bay, WI: starting March 23, 2006:
Limited/Restricted OUPV NWTC Campus Green Bay, WI: April 7/8/9,
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Shep
Posted 12/22/2005 8:42 AM (#38237 - in reply to #38222)
Subject: RE: USCG Captian's License courses offered

I have a great friend down by Milwaukee, Capt. Mike Koepp, aka The Extreme One, who took the full class last year. His best advice was to work together with your classmates to learn the material.

I am leaning towards taking the full license class, and March works for me. See you there.
jerry
Posted 12/22/2005 10:05 AM (#38241 - in reply to #38222)

I'm considering that one too, Shep. Have you talked to anyone else who might want to go at that time?
rangerpat
Posted 12/23/2005 7:35 PM (#38274 - in reply to #38222)

We can have been breakfast at my house in the morning's & a couple cold ones at night during study hall at night.
Larrys
Posted 12/24/2005 9:53 AM (#38281 - in reply to #38222)

I too am considering coming up for that class.

Larry Strelow
McFarland, WI
hgmeyer_unlogged
Posted 12/24/2005 10:44 AM (#38285 - in reply to #38222)

I think there are several more people, including me, that are also looking at that class. Seems like the limited and restricted are not useful if you move around a lot fishing both the Mississippi River and Winnebago.
rangerpat
Posted 12/28/2005 6:28 PM (#38360 - in reply to #38222)

I had the opportunity to talk with Gary the instructor for the USCG class. What a great guy, and he explained every question and concern I had.

If you are considering taking his class, I would give him a call at 800-487-6029. He suggests getting the application process started by late Jan. so that by the time the classes are done all your paper work will be processed by the USCG by mid April.
Shep
Posted 1/10/2006 3:27 PM (#38716 - in reply to #38360)

Steve/Zach,

Can we set a chat night with Gary? There is a lot of info required to be assembled prior to the class. I think Gary is willing, and this would be a big help.
Larrys
Posted 2/15/2006 3:17 PM (#39656 - in reply to #38222)

We need a couple more registrants to get this course finalized for the end of March in Green Bay. Gary is working hard to get us through some of the new hurdles so I would encourage anyone with an interest to call him or Sarah at [email protected] and get started on the program.

Larry Strelow
bagz
Posted 2/16/2006 7:38 AM (#39670 - in reply to #38222)

A thought for you all on the full certification class: Had a couple friends take the course recently and after the course they were informed they needed to take a trip to Toledo, Ohio to receive their official certification from the Coast Guard. It is worth investigating before you plop down the cash for that course.
Larrys
Posted 2/16/2006 9:26 AM (#39671 - in reply to #38222)

Gary is working on that issue and I have sent letters to our congress people. I think Gary hopes to have an alternative plan by course time but call him for details. Issue is identification verification, fingerprinting, and taking the oath. Call Gary for details and Sen Kohl is up for reelection so his ears are more open.

Larry Strelow
Shep
Posted 2/16/2006 11:19 AM (#39674 - in reply to #39671)

I'm trying to free up the time. As for a trip to Toledo. No problemo for me. My sister lives there. Not that I need an excuse to go see her, but what the heck.
irishwebs
Posted 3/21/2006 2:55 PM (#41306 - in reply to #38222)

tt
Shep
Posted 3/21/2006 3:39 PM (#41311 - in reply to #41306)

Not going to happen this year. Too much going on.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)