Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]

Regional Walleye Fishing -> Winnebago Walleyes -> Crawlering...... reports

Message Subject: Crawlering...... reports
Fat and Sassy
Posted 8/21/2007 3:08 PM (#60315 - in reply to #43490)
Subject: RE: Crawlering...... reports

Any updates with all the recent rain we have been having? I am thinking of heading out tonight along the south shore in search of some fat and sassy ones....
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mark Komo
Posted 8/21/2007 3:29 PM (#60317 - in reply to #43490)
Subject: Re: Crawlering...... reports

Pre crawlering? Championships right around the corner,no?
bradley894
Posted 8/21/2007 3:33 PM (#60319 - in reply to #43490)

there is the biggest crawler that comes out of the crack in the sidewalk just off my front porch.. he is huge gotta be 2 feet long, came out two nights in a row,, same place , grabbed him the first night but he put up too much of a fight,, always leeves his tail in a bit.... he was out last night again but when i walked down my steps he slid back in only peeking out at me . same crawler same place just a bit smarter than before.. i wanna catch him so i can put his picture up and then try to breed him or something... any advice ? he is smart. oh and no coments about me trying to breed him,,, you know what i mean! thanks for the help.. remember i cant underestamate his sneekyness...
bradley894
Posted 8/21/2007 4:28 PM (#60324 - in reply to #60319)

you guys think im full of crapola , just wait till i catch this thing.. my wife thinks im nuts too.. tonight im going to try plan F .. im setting up the shop vac facing his hole... running the extention cord up my steps so i can plug it in when he comes out , without even opening the front door... we will see who gets the last chuckle... this magnum crawler will be mine! he has no idia who he is dealing with..
Purple Skeeter
Posted 8/21/2007 8:29 PM (#60335 - in reply to #43490)

Mark,

I'm glad you reminded me that the NCA will be sponsoring it's 10th annual championship crawlering tournament on September 31st. Check your local listings for full coverage. At this time, we are still looking for a place to hold the championships. Channel 2 (WBAYTV) did an exposé on the sightings of thousands of dead crawlers "all over the street" after the most recent tournament. Because of the news reports, area golf courses, football stadiums and soccer clubs have been very reluctant to sanction our championship.

If any members of Walleyefirst, Muskyfirst or the all new Salmonfirst have a lawn that is properly manicured and fertilized and have a loose soil area for catch and release, please contact the current President of the NCA... @

Purple Skeeter
1 crawler drive
Lawndale, WI 55555-1212

Buss Beading
Posted 8/21/2007 9:44 PM (#60338 - in reply to #43490)

The First Annual Crawler Power Ratings sponsored by BUSS BEDDING came out today after a secret meeting with the NCA and the MWLA. The following are the top ten crawlers in the world.......

1. Purple Skeeter
2. AXL
3. Butch
4. Jerry
5. budsbud66
6. Sunshine
7. SWORALL
8. Viking
9. Shep
10. TYEE

Honorable mentions:
Stacker,Horshak,Rich_S,Guest
Winnebago Tomato
Posted 8/21/2007 10:37 PM (#60340 - in reply to #60315)

I went out to my garden and I noticed all of my tomatos had worms, any help out there for me?
Mark Komo
Posted 8/22/2007 6:49 AM (#60343 - in reply to #43490)

What no ironman listing?
tyee
Posted 8/22/2007 3:15 PM (#60378 - in reply to #43490)

TENTH???????? Does that mean I made the championship? I better see if the 3 muskateers need a 4th or I'll never make it to day 2!
Good Luck
Tyee
Shep
Posted 8/27/2007 11:20 AM (#60546 - in reply to #60378)

Sorry, Worrall buys his crawlers! I saw him! I have pictures, too! And Tyee has a network. No teams allowed!
bradley894
Posted 8/27/2007 4:41 PM (#60561 - in reply to #60546)

i got him guys

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(LW0011b.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments LW0011b.jpg (15KB - 323 downloads)
Purple Skeeter
Posted 8/27/2007 11:32 PM (#60582 - in reply to #60561)

I'm really beside myself these days... lots of rain and perfect crawlering conditions, but we put a brick patio over my hotspot in the back corner of the yard so the family could have a firepit and not get there feet "all dirty". I know things have to change, but why my favorite spot for crawlering... 15 years of mulch laid down to build the soil to a perfect condition. My wife knew that was my best spot and insisted we put it there, next thing I know, she'll be asking me to sell my Coolwhip container. Guess I'll have to take all my waypoints off my handheld Lowrance.

Don't know about you guys, but in my yard, all this rain has caused the grass to grow so fast that by the time I get the lawn cut and the mower put back in the garage, the grass is already too tall to even see the crawlers. Ive tried pushing the mower while facing backwards, but the vibration of the twin mulching blades causes the crawlers to go deep.

I was thinking about building one of those electric stick things, but I like to go crawlering bare foot and someone has told me that won't work.... when the lawn is wet.

Well, that's it for now...

Purple Skeeter
Jim Ordway
Posted 8/28/2007 12:51 PM (#60603 - in reply to #60582)

PS,
You guys are truly killing me with this post. What a great bunch of minds!
I am so impressed with this thread, that I decided I would really like to meet and trade ideas with my wormy friends.
Unfortunately, I have a pressing engagement on 9-31 and I will not be able to attend the 10th annual tourney. It breaks my heart, but my wife won't let me back out of the engagement.
Best of luck to all of the attendees. I wish I could have been there.
Take care,
Jim O
bradley894
Posted 8/28/2007 1:06 PM (#60605 - in reply to #60603)

you know that crawler is big when you look in your bucket after tossing him in and find out he coffed up 2 Robins and a beetle only found in china.. i would like to comment that the crawlers running quite small at the bait shop .. what gives?
tyee
Posted 8/28/2007 1:38 PM (#60607 - in reply to #60605)

Bradley, It's all about the presentation, Even though the bait shops have the "yard" crawlers, the biguns are out there to be had. Once you get your "feet wet" you will know what I mean...... OOOPS did I give away someones secret strategy?
Good luck
Tyee
bradley894
Posted 8/28/2007 3:50 PM (#60610 - in reply to #60607)

i have a question,, im thinking about turning pro but my cool whip container is only the small size and i have lost the top and replaced it with the piggly wiggly food club brand lid,,, it is a 1998 edition and well past its expiration date printed on the side. will my aplication for the next event be denied? is there anything i can do? also ,, there are a lot of big names on the top ten list,, its kind of intimidating , is there some type of pro-am that maybe i could walk along maybe hold the coolwipe container of a guy like shep or purple or someone big ,,, i know they will not let me hold the flash light just stay back and shut up but still i would like to learn... anyone looking for a co-crawler to sign up with for the 2008 season i could chip in a bit for some bataries or something,,, and what about a live leaderboard,,, i would love to see my favorite crawler guys as they come in live... maybe some photo,s its hard to make the jump and turn pro, its dark outside at night , kind of creepy you know... and well i dont know if i would servive , i have a family that comes first.. what should i do?
bradley894
Posted 8/28/2007 4:06 PM (#60611 - in reply to #43490)

oh and i want to let you all no that photo above about the giant crawler i caught , well its a cheep download from the internet ,, im sure experianced crawler guys have seen it many times, its just a cheep cry out for attn: on my part,, im sure there may be some tuff love handed down by the NCA & i dont blame the MWLA if they throw out my aplication.. its just that we all dream of turning pro ,, we all look up to you guys,,, those fancy flashlights and head lamp things, those riggs you roll up in and those coolwhip containers with all the stickers on them! my wife said if i start crawlering for a living she is going to take the kids and split... she is sick and tired of my dirty fingernails ,,, and when she needs a little something for on top of her punkin pie all she comes up with out of the frige is worms ,,, how do you guys pull this off...
Shep
Posted 8/29/2007 7:32 AM (#60624 - in reply to #60611)

Brad, ae you related to Komo? You two guys keep talking about women and their pies! Let's try to keep this family rated. Perhpas you didn't completely read the NCA application . The personal conduct clause? You better read it again, and stick to it.

And as far as those photo's of big crawlers? Stop holding them at arms length. These are not Bago walleyes that you're trying to make look like GB eyes! Besides, you should let those big guy/girls go. They are the breeders, and are too big for harnesses anyway. And if you try to jig with them, they are too bouyant. Requires a very heavy jig to get decent contact with the bottom, even in the slightest current. Don't ask how I know this.

Jim O, did you get your oil? And please keep the crawler cooler a secret for a few more years.
Jim Ordway
Posted 8/29/2007 10:21 AM (#60638 - in reply to #60624)

Shep,
yep on the oil and yep I can keep a secret. But, now that it is all over the internet, is it still a secret????
Jim O
Purple Skeeter
Posted 8/29/2007 2:23 PM (#60657 - in reply to #60638)

Jim,

Thanks for reminding our newbie’s that the NCA restricts it's members and their families to a strict code of conduct. We learned long ago that loose lips sink Walleye Boats... err... something like that.

On another note, it sounds like you are campaigning for the Presidents term. As you all know, I will be stepping down after the Championship on September 31st to spend more time with my family. The demands of the position, dealing with the media, all that bending over and all the traveling have taken their toll on me and my family. Quite frankly, my kids are tired of the outlandish attacks that our family has had to endure from PETC (people for the ethical treatment of crawlers). I will retain the position of Chief Financial Officer/Art Director and will also remain on the board of directors to ensure the long term viability of the organization.

The board will convene shortly after the tournament results to elect a new President; it will be televised on WBAY TV. As a signal, we will release white smoke from the back of my 2 stroke Yamaha 150 to indicate a new president has been chosen.

All applications must be hand written accompanied by a log of waypoints of every position you have ever caught a Walleye in the lower 48 states.

Don't worry, I'm not going away, this will give me more time to fish and then tell everyone exactly where and how the Walleyes are biting. In addition, I'll get to spent time on my new patio.

Purple Skeeter
President NCA

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(patio.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments patio.jpg (121KB - 283 downloads)
Viking
Posted 8/29/2007 2:25 PM (#60658 - in reply to #60657)

Just wait until the CU (Crawlers Unlimited) crowd gets after you for destroying that valuable crawler habitat.
Mark Komo
Posted 8/29/2007 5:31 PM (#60669 - in reply to #43490)

What are the plans for the CU banquet this year? I need to get a list of the GPS waypoint for the new structures. I understand they are to provide cover for spawn.

For the record, its women, pie and chicken!!!
butch
Posted 8/29/2007 9:16 PM (#60679 - in reply to #43490)

I am so pumped im in the top ten in the crawlering world I think I might have to give up walleye fishing!!!
Axl
Posted 8/29/2007 10:32 PM (#60680 - in reply to #60679)

The MWLA is proud to announce its 2008 schedule. We have worked hard to bring you a variety of terrains in 2008. This will be the most trying season ever, but it also will be the most rewarding. Below are the dates and list of the events for 2008.

April 15...Chequamagon National Forest....Frost may be an issue and could possibly cancel this event.

May 12...Lambeau Field....We just hope that the packers do not change the turf before this event.

June 23...Miller Park....The Brewers are on the road and said they would leave the roof open if weather permits.

July 14...Jefferson Park in Menasha....By now the geese have the place soiled and it should make for some great crawlering. We suggest knee pads here.

August 5...Camp Randall Stadium....This has always been a tough event, and two years ago only a few were caught. You really have to pre-crawl for this one.

September 22...TBD by the members of the MWLA....We believe in letting our members choose a spot each year, unlike the NCA.

We hope you enjoy the new schedule and I look forward to seeing you at the events listed. We also have had to make one rule change for next years events. The use of mustard seed is now illegal, and anyone using this will be removed from the MWLA.

AXL

President of MWLA

"If it is not the MWLA, it just aint Crawlering."

Viking
Posted 8/30/2007 8:21 AM (#60683 - in reply to #60680)

Axl,

I'm surprised you forgot to mention the new sponsor, Kneel-N-Stay. I'm looking forward to the Lambeau Field event. Given the Packers poor running game, there should be plenty of #4's blood and body parts pounded into the turf to make those crawlers extra fat and sassy.

Komo,

As usual the CU event will be held in January during the off-season and will again provide commemorative Cool Whip containers. However, this year's edition will feature the newly patented Oxy-Flow lid to keep those babies lively right up to the weigh in.
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)