Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Now viewing page 7 [25 messages per page]

Regional Walleye Fishing -> Winnebago Walleyes -> Crawlering...... reports

Message Subject: Crawlering...... reports
bradley894
Posted 4/21/2008 11:58 AM (#68584 - in reply to #43490)
Subject: Re: Crawlering...... reports

ok , after reading the 700 page rule book for the 08 season , i have come to the conclusion after writing a 500.oo check to my attorny to translatee it... that im thinking about starting a new cercuit...... i have a contact at Ben and Jerry,s , my contact said that they would be willing to sponsor a new cercuit and they have plenty of 1/2 gallon containers with plenty of new flavors that need to be represented by crawler competitors... sounds like there willing to not only throw in free ice cream but also some contingeny mony to the top finisher using a Ben and Jerys flavor.. i have already cut a deal run one of there rigs and they will honor the 50.00 contingency check to the top finisher in any cercuit but if a new cercuit is formed with Ben and jerys bing the primary sponsor we are talking some real cash flying around... anyone interested in jumping the guardin hose and crossing the lot line , we are going to need some volenteers to get this thing off the astro turf... there is talk of a pro-am format and the championship being held down south in the month of January with a garanteed payout of 2000 dollars to cover expenses for the top 10 crawlers... all talk for now but word on the street is that Ben and Jerys owns a good market share of the Bebble Beach country club.... sounds like they would run the sprinklers by day non stop for the championships . i dont know about you but it looks pretty attractive... we would also need to set up tournament directors in other states as each state would send there top ten...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Purple Skeeter
Posted 4/24/2008 10:56 PM (#68716 - in reply to #43490)
Subject: RE: Crawlering...... reports

When my phone rang in my office tonight at 9:30, I was wondering who was calling me this late at night? Turns out it was my business partner, who asked me if I had looked in the driveway. After going over several options of just what could be in my driveway at 9:30 at night, he told me that he had just picked up a half gallon bucket of "only the big ones" that were trying to cross the driveway.

Well I just got in after an hour of the easiest picking ever, 1 full gallon of crawlers in an hour. Lots of easy doubles and triples all laying on top of the grass.

I just hope my wife does not get mad when she finds out I used 4 of her new Glad 1/2 gallon containers and the potting soil I was supposed to plant flowers in a couple of weeks.

It will be hard sleeping tonight knowing I could fill my entire season's needs in just one night. If only I had a bigger refrig.

Purple Skeeter
bradley894
Posted 4/25/2008 10:19 AM (#68728 - in reply to #43490)

oh my god !!!!!!!!!!!!! i backed out of the garage this morning and killed about 15 of them with my truck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why didnt somone warn me? needless loss of life.... i cant live with myself............. ill be crawlering tonight more rain on the way.... ill plan in taking the scooter the ten mile drive to work tommorow morning .. i can pick my drivway clean but im thinkin my drive to work dusted out hundreads............ We need an emergency rule issued to the state that folks cant pull the car out of the shed till after 9am... im calling the governor!!!!!!!!
Horshak
Posted 4/25/2008 2:15 PM (#68737 - in reply to #43490)

Take a kid crawlering! I just got back with my two boys ages 6 and 5 and they had a blast. They wanted to pick everyone in sight. I then proceeded to inform them about the Crawler Conservation Initiative us crawlerers are practicing. After they understood that, we commenced to picking a whole perogi carton full of big ones. Smallest one was 10 inches. Look out Upper Winnebago system Sunday. It is also more rewarding than one might think bringing the kids. They are lower to the ground and more nimble. Therefore my back still feels great and I am ready for the next tourney.

Edited by Horshak 4/25/2008 2:17 PM
CFT President
Posted 5/7/2008 12:17 PM (#69200 - in reply to #43490)

As the acting President of CFT (Crawlers for Tomorrow) I would like to ask the members of the NCA for it's guidlines on the proper care and handeling of Crawlers. I know a guy, who knows a guy that caught a large amount of crawlers and they all died shortly after they were captured.

Our organization is gathering data and would like to know the best methods for storing and keeping crawlers alive.

Thanks for all your help, your comments and suggestions will be passed along to the board members of CFT.
Shep
Posted 5/7/2008 12:32 PM (#69203 - in reply to #69200)

I am reporting myself for crawler abuse. Had a couple dozen that I picked before the FLW event out of Winneconne. Well, I didn't use a single one. Placed 6th in the tourney, though. That is the good part. The bad part was this smell eminating from the cooler in my boat this AM as I went to work. I told the boy to get in there, and toss out whatever food my coangler left in there. He called me a bit later, and said it wasn't food stinking it up. It was those 2 dozen crawlers, now pretty much a stinking pile of mush! Yeck. Glad I made him go in that cooler.

Now, some of those crawlers were from the brood stock in my yard. I pulled around the corner early one rainy morning a couple weeks ago, and the were long shadows cast all across Parkview, from the F150's headlights. I hit the brakes hard, and scamperd about, tossing as many as I could back into the yard. I gkept a couplke dozen for fishing. Well, you know what happened to them.

Sorry guys. Please don't link me to the double dippers and those who fill their freezers with more than their allowed limit on perch and eyes, and venison, only to toss them out the next spring because they were too lazy to go down to the freezer. This is not what happened. I was so excited by my finish, I completely forgot about the crawlers. I hope they didn't suffer too much before expiring.

Please accept this NCE( Non Conforming Event) report, and I hope the powers that be go lightly on me.

Edited by Shep 5/7/2008 12:34 PM
Viking
Posted 5/7/2008 12:53 PM (#69209 - in reply to #69203)

I can't really hold it against you Shep. I, too, am guilty. I had a couple dozen crawlers in my beer fridge in the garage. I had dialed it to the coldest setting to quick chill my beer a few weeks ago and forgot to turn it back up after I'd consumed my bounty. All my crawlers froze & died and I didn't even have a nice tourney finsih to show for it.
Purple Skeeter
Posted 5/7/2008 1:43 PM (#69216 - in reply to #68584)

Ok... ok... I give up... it was me that was faking that last post. I killed every crawler I caught over the last 2 weeks. What the heck did I do wrong? I put them in Buss Bedding, threw in a couple of pieces of bread and put them in my bait refrig and then proceded to Kill about 1000 crawlers or so, I feel terrible. I may just have to resign from the Presidency.

Purple Skeeter

Edited by Purple Skeeter 5/7/2008 1:44 PM
thumper
Posted 5/8/2008 7:46 AM (#69246 - in reply to #43490)

I had my 4 year old daughter out last night helping me. She sure got a kick out of that. We pulled about 3 dozen. Probably took twice as long as it should have (she's not very sneaky), but we had a blast. Nice doing it now before the mosquitoes come out...
Mark Komo
Posted 5/8/2008 8:03 AM (#69250 - in reply to #43490)

Take an empty soup can or such, and tie to your ankle. Put in some corn meal or sawdust. Dip the hands in the sawdust/cornmeal for better grip of those crawlers.
bradley894
Posted 5/8/2008 9:21 AM (#69253 - in reply to #43490)

thats an awsum tip komes, just wanted to let everyone know that there is a patition going around to start a CRAWLER ALERT, on the emergency broadcasting system .. similar to the famouse amber allert we will all be warned in advance to tip toe and clear the driveway of the helpless creatures on the mornings of mass crawlerslaughter , remember cars and shoes dont kill crawlers PEOPLE DO!!!!!!! lets get this done people...
AvgJoe
Posted 5/8/2008 9:55 AM (#69257 - in reply to #69253)

Your alert system is too simplistic. How about a crawler activity level alert system modeled after the terrorism threat level system - from "green" (no crawler activity) to "red" (crawlers coming up your front stoop).

I think I heard some chatter in my back yard last night, prompting me to move the crawler alert level to YELLOW.
bradley894
Posted 6/19/2008 3:33 PM (#70778 - in reply to #69257)

with all the rain i havent heard of an alert level increase? i also havent seen them on the road in the wee mornings? is there some kind of crawler vhs? or did they all go deep and the massive demand in china grab them all? we got like fifty inches of rain this month whats going on?
Axl
Posted 9/22/2008 6:41 PM (#73639 - in reply to #70778)

Any news on where the championship crawlering tourney will be for 2008. I know it has been held in October the past few years, but I have not received any information on it all. also, will walleye first be covering this event, and who are the top ten finalists for the championship?

AXL
MWLA-President
Past finalist in the Crawlering NCA circuit
Sponsors include:
Cool Whip
Eveready
Buss Bedding
Tupperwear
Coleman Lanterns
budsbud66
Posted 9/23/2008 2:31 PM (#73684 - in reply to #73639)

yah, i tried storing a flat + over winter in my fruit celler.

checked them out yesterday, not good, quite a stench.
bradley894
Posted 9/26/2008 11:20 AM (#73809 - in reply to #43490)

HEY AXL< ANY TRUTH TO THE RUMOR????/ HAVE you been contacted by EAA sports? word on the street is there will be a new crawler hunter vidio game released before the hollidays? i was told that only the top crawler hunters and past champions will have there likenesses used for this Wi, playstation, Xbox compatable vidio game. since im not a huge name on the cercuit i havent been contacted for the creation of my likeness... my question is.....? will i be able to created a player that looks like me like i can on my tiger woods game? will i have access to some of the awsum sponsors avialable to you the Pro's if i become proficiant and master the game? will we be able to build our own profecional crawler course like some of you heavy hitters do around home? whats the deal?
Shep
Posted 9/26/2008 1:57 PM (#73820 - in reply to #73809)

I've decided to retire from the tourney circuit after this year, and just found out I'm on the cover of the new game. I think it's called AXL 09, but I'm not sure about that. When the next season rolls around, and I waffle on coming back, I'm sure they'll have a different cover you all can download, perhaps with Ranger and Evinrude Logo's, insteadof the Tuffy Merc logos on my present tourney shirt. I'm not saying. I'm just saying.

I'll let you all know through my mom, sister, and maybe my agent, and Dave Landahl. Then I'll text Kevin Hunt of the FLW and say "Rumors". Then maybe just send in my reinstatement papers to AXL, and then show up out of shape at the first qualifier.

I did put nearly a two full flats in my yard this year for precrawlering at home. It's been tough to go to the tourney grounds all the time, with gas going through the roof. Kinda like prefihing in Pewaukee when the tournament is on Green Bay. But, practice is practice. Anybody wants, my yard is open for practice til the first freeze.

Edited by Shep 9/26/2008 2:01 PM
tyee
Posted 9/26/2008 2:20 PM (#73825 - in reply to #43490)

Shep, Don't worry I'll be sure to tell the Purple Skeeter guy to give you a call weeks before and you'll be able to compete for sure, Tampering has already been proven to set preceidence. Don't expect any of those 100million dollar endorcement deals, though I did see a Red Silverado was up on the auction block for the 09 season!

Good Luck
Tyee
WalleyeFIRST
Posted 9/26/2008 7:17 PM (#73835 - in reply to #73825)

Shep, you know what the wise old crawler-ers say, a flat in the fridge is worth two in the turf ......
sworrall
Posted 9/27/2008 10:52 AM (#73844 - in reply to #43490)

I very nearly was run over by a Crawler once, bent over with a flashlight focused so tight I hear nothing, see nothing but the beam...and not thinking they'd be out working still...barely got out with my life. That ended it for me forever.
bradley894
Posted 9/27/2008 1:04 PM (#73846 - in reply to #43490)

hey shep , maybe its a good thing to retire for a year , Not only did you make the EAA cover but i heard threw the grape vine that you also made the cover of SPORTS illistrated!!!!!!!!! I know your still in your prime but we all no about the curse that comes along with the cover of that publication... its just nice to see that the world is starting accept the fact that this is a lagitamate sport! rumor has it that it could become one of our nations greatest sporting events, as of now it falls somewhere between bowling and figure skating just ahead of ice hockey but still behind the indi car cercuit (eeeeeeerrrrrrrr) hot chicks racing league........ you were a Pioneer shep this thing could not have gotten this big without you!!!!!!!! i would like to see a hall of fame formed for some of the greats like shep! i would alos think there would be some monitary restitution made available to the old school crawlers thats knees and arthritis laden fingers prevent them from compition in this day and age of big money , big sponsor events.. can we get something done here?
Purple Skeeter
Posted 9/27/2008 9:15 PM (#73855 - in reply to #43490)

And I'm the one everyone says, "needs help"

I was down at the new headquarters today and as I was leaving a 10 point buck came out of the marsh and trotted across the back of the lawn.... Something is going to have to take place, I can't have deer running across my crawlering grounds and messing up the finely groomed estate.

He looked at me like I was the one intruding on his space.... darn things.. I hope they don't eat crawlers or he is not long for this world. I checked with the rule book and it says that any creature whether feather, foul or animal that intentionally causes harm to a crawler, may be shot, run over or downed my any method possible without express permission of the WNDR.

Lake side Picture of future headquarters of the NCA before demo.... the water is beyond the trees looking straight west on Butte des Morts. My back lot boarders the 300 acre UWO Marsh.

Purple Skeeter

Edited by Purple Skeeter 9/27/2008 9:22 PM

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(headquarters.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments headquarters.jpg (182KB - 272 downloads)
Axl
Posted 9/27/2008 9:51 PM (#73857 - in reply to #73855)

Will there be a ground breaking ceremony for the new NCA headquarters. I still have the golden shovel from the last ceremony if you will need it. Also, is it legal per NCA rules to perform a demo project on crawler grounds that are near a major water source or a University of Wisconsin property? It also has been determined that the video game entitled Crawlers Forever 2009, will be out in March of 2009. This year we will feature Tommy Skarliss on the cover after his amazing win at the FLW Championship. He was grandfathered as a honorary member per Walleye Firsts request. Sorry Shep, you will have to wait for the 2010 version, but you were a finalist, just for the record. Look for the 2008 crawlerer of the year standings to be coming out sometime in the next few weeks. We are currently reviewing some questionable crawlering.........
bradley894
Posted 9/29/2008 3:26 PM (#73892 - in reply to #43490)

ok OMG,,, I have not slept for two days..... i got my hands on a bootleg version of this new vidio game!!!!!!! no cover so i cant tell you who is on it ... but... i can tell you this... i figured out some cheat codes ,,, at first i thaught shep was unbeatable in the one on one competion mode... till (and i normaly would never do this but) i tailpiped him! cheat code OOXXXOO and hit start., lets you clunk shep on the head with your flashlight and take his cool whip container full of crawlers... woooooooo hooo , i won the trophy... and all of a suden it said great news... you have unlocked the hooters girls... wooooohooooooo.. so on the next level.... i was crawlering agians AXL and one of the hooters girls went crawlering past me in a short mini skirt..... again (i dont normaly tail pipe ) but .... and i had a flash light and well you know... BUT take warning if you tail pipe a bit to close with your flashlight to one of those girls they turn around and kick the crap out of you and take your country crock container or whatever your sponsor is.... now im stuck on this level and i wore my bataries in my flashlight out following these attractive competiors.... great game though... gotta go...
tyee
Posted 12/26/2008 8:08 PM (#76013 - in reply to #43490)

plowed the yard today hoping the rain comming tomorrow will give me the jump on you tourney guys, can't wait to use my new container and mechanical crawler picker, wife said it is for getting olives out of the jar, I told her Santa put the wrong name on the present!

Good Luck
Tyee
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Now viewing page 7 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)