Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... >
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]

Regional Walleye Fishing -> Winnebago Walleyes -> Crawlering...... reports

Message Subject: Crawlering...... reports
butch
Posted 4/4/2007 2:21 PM (#53724 - in reply to #43490)
Subject: RE: Crawlering...... reports

It seams the first leg of the Michigan series to be held in Upper Michigan is going to have to be reschedualed. The crawler picking conditions are about as tough as they can get here right now. Basically catch a crawler cash a check.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(DSCF0346.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSCF0346.JPG (132KB - 339 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Purple Skeeter
Posted 4/4/2007 7:08 PM (#53744 - in reply to #53724)

Butch,

Gotta hand it to you... cleaver way to mark the "hot spots" on your lawn with the bikes... can I have those waypoints??

Dominic
butch
Posted 4/4/2007 8:14 PM (#53748 - in reply to #53744)

I will trade ya some crawler way points for some walleye way points on green bay

Edited by butch 4/4/2007 8:14 PM
wannagopro
Posted 4/20/2007 11:56 PM (#54673 - in reply to #43490)

CRIKEY, the big spawners were out in full force tonight, many many doubles, a few triples, what a gas. was out for an hour and managed to tank 215 biggens. I also caught the biggest NC ive ever seen in my life, easily 3x the diameter of a #2 pencil, and close to 10" long................anyone know of a taxidermist that will mount a crawler????
Purple Skeeter
Posted 4/21/2007 3:19 PM (#54681 - in reply to #54673)

I know that the upcoming tournaments have everyone tight lipped... but please, a few hotspots and pictures go a long way when you are hard at work and can sneek a minute to gaze at a beautiful 10 incher "as thick as a pencil" posted here on WF.

For those of that live far far from the pristine conditions for crawlering in New London and upper michigan areas, please post a pick once in a while.

By the way, the EPA and the Wisconsin DNR have just issued a heath warning for crawlers over 6 inches in the Neenah-Menasha area. Individuals should only harvest 4-6 per night due to health concerns and pregnant women are not advised to handle crawers more than once per month. I hope my wife does not hear about this or I'll never get her to wake up at 2 in the morning after a big storm again...

PS
rangerpat
Posted 4/23/2007 4:53 PM (#54755 - in reply to #54673)

I don't know of a taxidermist, but it's common knowledge that Sunshine has been known to mount a few on those long lonely road trips. See Ya, Pat
Sunshine
Posted 4/24/2007 5:12 AM (#54790 - in reply to #54755)
Subject: Re: Crawlering...... reports

Thanks for the plug Pat. No really, thanks for the plug! Just to clarify, I only do replicas. I have a hard time handling those slimy long things.

On another note:
It's rumored that the PWT and the FLW will now have a night crawler tournament prior to each and every fishing tournament. Contestants will carry the total weight of the crawlers into the fishing tournament. It's rumored that this is their way around the VHS virus. All contestants will only be able to use the night crawlers they catch. This experimental challenge will be conducted tonight at a surprise event in Winneconnie. All media outlets have been notified and plan to cover the inaugural event. Word on the street has it that our own Ranger Pat will be the weigh master because of his long history of handling slimy worms.

If this takes off look for seining for minnows next.
tyee
Posted 4/24/2007 7:45 AM (#54798 - in reply to #54790)

I failed miserably in my first event, I just couldn't get myself to start the generator and probe the yard or hook up the sprinkler during the daylight hours thats unethical and inhumane! I know there are guys that do it but I just couldn't bring myself down to that level.

I still think if the event were held at dawn or dusk I would be able to contend so I am dropping out of the circuit and joing the MWLA (Mid-West Leach Association), theres nothing like using i Pigs head on a piece of bailing twine for bait and WOW does that produce. Now thats something I can do from 8-5.

Good luck
Tyee
P.S Don't forget to carve out the skull, makes a great bowl to hold them in when your pulling it up! Thse blood suckers I can party with!

Edited by tyee 4/24/2007 7:47 AM
Axl
Posted 4/24/2007 1:35 PM (#54823 - in reply to #43490)

TYEE,

I have been leaching in the MWLA for years now, welcome aboard. Here is a pic from last years event as we were coming into the weigh-in.

(100_2103.JPG)

(100_2101.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 100_2103.JPG (16KB - 306 downloads)
Attachments 100_2101.JPG (39KB - 306 downloads)
Purple Skeeter
Posted 4/24/2007 9:43 PM (#54845 - in reply to #53724)

Hahahah... You expect us to believe that there is a league for Leaches... Ya right.. how dumb do you think us guys that are in the NCA are...

Purple Skeeter
www.bussbeading.com
www.flw/crawlerdivision.gov
tyee
Posted 4/26/2007 10:23 PM (#54951 - in reply to #54845)

PS I'm the king of the Leach league!!!!!! Decided to try one more time at the NCA tonight and managed another 5 dozen. unfortunately the cold spell we had hit my first batch pretty hard and I lost half of them, I presented some ideas to the bedding mfg about a insulated container wrapped in 20ga and a couple 9volts, were puttin together a prototype gonna blow them out the door at 9.99ea and try and beat the competition to the punch and corner the market. Not much room in there for commissions or royalties so were workin for free again, but I'll get the product at cost when we take the design to China next year!
Good luck
Tyee

Edited by tyee 4/26/2007 10:26 PM
Axl
Posted 4/27/2007 12:39 AM (#54953 - in reply to #43490)

Grat night on the east shores here at home for catching crawlers. Ended up with several dozen from 5 to 8 inches. I was a little shocked as to how the winds died down and the hunting really went sour. I am gonna be at the rules meeting on Saturday for the MWS selling them out of the back of my truck. A guy has to make a buck somehow. I tried some of Purple Skeeters bedding and I want you all to know that it is good stuff, and I suggest you all go out and get some. PS you gotta great sponsor there. I am really considering not joining the NCA this year, any thoughts on this would be appreciated. MWLA is now the place to go!!!! They offer better kick back prizes if you use cool whip containers and also if you use duracell batteries! FYI
Purple Skeeter
Posted 4/30/2007 5:02 PM (#55065 - in reply to #43490)

Just a quick reminder to everyone in my area, severe weather is on its way so please do not take the risk and go out crawlering tonight. I know it's tempting to go out and hit all your hotspots, but please use caution, the NCA does not want any of it's members taking any unnecessary chances.... the crawlers will still be there after the storm passes.... There is no truth to the rumor that crawlers are driven to the surface by lighting.

Vice President Skeeter

(yes.. I was elected last week... if you don't show up for the meetings, you can't complain about our decisions)
Wannagopro
Posted 4/30/2007 10:56 PM (#55082 - in reply to #55065)

Purple Skeeter - 4/30/2007 5:02 PM

Vice President Skeeter

(yes.. I was elected last week... if you don't show up for the meetings, you can't complain about our decisions)

well for cripes sakes, yet another organization that dont let out the dates and times of their meetings. "corporate" America at its best again.....................lol
Tyee unlogged
Posted 5/16/2007 2:09 PM (#55928 - in reply to #43490)

Equipment failure!!!!! Last night I was on a hot bite was just about to fill the 1 gallon pail to the brim and, I saw the long eared rascal run across the yard right over my path. Who do I complain to? Stacker? since your the VP you should know who's on the ethics board. He just ruined my bite.

That little bugger kept beating that drum as he darted into the street right in front of that pimple faced kid and his souped up 4cyl Neon. Needless to say he crumbled under the pressure. I should have known my Energizers wouldn't make it an entire season. You know the cheap bastrd I am, but with the price of fuel these days I couldn't justify the added expense for a good fuel cell when the season started. With all these skyrocketing costs I had to stay closer to the launch and work twice as hard for my catch!

If I'm going to compete I need to find more sponsors (E-Cell ya got your ears on?) to offset all these costs and I'm willing to work all those long hours to save a few bucks.

Good Luck
Tyee
Rich S
Posted 5/16/2007 2:39 PM (#55930 - in reply to #53467)

MCC Director - 4/2/2007 5:43 AM

Some of you crawler hunters have taken to posting on the internet that "you will never crawl another MCC tournament" or "I know there are a lot of people who will NEVER support crawler picking again." I understand emotions can run high, but statements like that simply inflame the situation. And in the process damage is done to the reputation of all crawler picking by a vocal few; and that hurts all the worm pickers of the MCC. If you can't say online what you would say directly to me -- then don't say it. We are all bent over with flashlight in hand together! A decision was made and we picked during bad conditions, get over it. And if you do want to talk to me – my lawn is always available --. I will personally discuss this with any of you. So give me a shout-- or call your NCA reps -- rather than make comments online. We do have a clause in our rules that states:

Crawler pickers will conduct themselves in a true sportsmanlike, courteous, safe and ethical manner at all times. Any unfavorable conduct or action by a contestant, which could negatively reflect on the Crawler picking circuit, will be grounds for disqualification or rejection of future lawn hunts.

Keep that in mind. You sign on to crawler hunt with us and you agree to give up all of your freedom of speech rights....and we expect nothing less. Never discuss our circuit in groups larger than 3, make sure that you wear the circuit clothing while discussing our organization and report ALL unhappy crawlers to us immediately. They will be dealt with in the spirit of the creed in crawler picking.

We are watching you

I was just reading back and found this post. This has to be the funniest thing I have ever read on Walleyefirst lol I can't stop laughing!
Purple Skeeter
Posted 5/16/2007 4:53 PM (#55939 - in reply to #43490)

Tyee,

Just relax, I'm sure it was just some Tournament guy that was pre-crawlering... I was out with my brother fishing today and he got a flatt of them imported crawers from a tackle shop in Kaukauna.... most of them were 10 inches long and as fat as my finger... After seeing the size of those, I'm thinking of organizing a group trip to Canada for a 3 day crawlering trip... does anyone know how many crawlers you can bring back from Canada..

Tonight should be a great night for crawlering... remember, my lawn is a preserve and anyone caught crawlering on my lawn will be turned over to the proper authority....

Purple "Crawler" Skeeter
Uncle Paul
Posted 5/17/2007 8:58 AM (#55955 - in reply to #43490)

As a registered member of the NCA I want to file an official complaint against one of the NCA members. Last night I was on a hunt at one of my spots and I noticed that I had been followed by this no good tail piping piece of dung, after a long and stealthy stalk I had a jumbo in reach and the perpetrator swooped in and stole my prize. I don’t care if it’s a public park it’s my spot and everybody needs to keep out of it. I want this lowlife punished. I can supply his NCA numbers and name as the scoundrel didn’t even have the brains to cover them and they were clearly visible on his bucket. I will also be sending a copy of this letter to his sponsors, and tell them about the kind of person they support. I expect the NCA to come down hard on this member as this can not be tolerated. Paul NCA # 333
Sunshine
Posted 5/17/2007 9:44 AM (#55962 - in reply to #55955)

Paul,

The NCA does not police their own. This kind of thing has been going on for years and they do nothing about it. As far as I'm concerned, all they do is take your money, give you a fancy decal for your bucket and setup some minor discounts that you could get on your own. That's why I quit. You're throwing your money away and into the pockets of their VP.
Loueye
Posted 5/17/2007 11:38 AM (#55972 - in reply to #55962)

You guys are all crazy, ha!
Uncle Paul
Posted 5/17/2007 12:45 PM (#55983 - in reply to #55972)

Don’t get me started on that minor discount racket, I ordered some of that Super Duty
Bedding and when it gets to the house it says Made in China. So I mix it up just as the directions say even added the "free at no extra cost worm food". When I checked my stash the next day all were dead, deader than a June bug on a Harley riders tooth on a hot July night. The Vet says something about food poisoning, the next day I get a purple envelope in the mail that smells like Yamalube offering to restock my supply but I must pay by cash only. Got to go I have a hearing in front of the judge, my local chapter of Crankbait Anonymous is trying to dump me says they got proof of me using live bait. Paul
Purple Skeeter
Posted 5/17/2007 4:05 PM (#55996 - in reply to #55983)

Sorry for getting back to you so late... I was actually on the water all day fishing!!!

To report any activity not becoming of an NCA Member, please submit their name and number usually listed on the side of their Cool Whip Container.

Remember, all NCA Menbers are required by the bylaws of the association to us the standard 16oz Coolwhip, non-fat container per our sponsership agreement.

I had a crawler on today that was so big... the Walleye pulled the board back and bit it off 3 times and before he got to the hooks...

Purple "Crawler" Skeeter

PS... caught 15 Walleyes before noon using those foriegn Canandian Crawlers
Uncle Paul
Posted 5/18/2007 8:16 AM (#56017 - in reply to #55996)

Please say it isn’t so the NCA has given in to the nutrition police, non-fat Coolwhip . It’s clear you have not seen me in person last time I was stopped by the Coast Guard I was short one life vest so being the quick thinking person that I am I simply removed my shirt and because it was the day after a Bears game I was still in Bears Orange and the Coast Guard thought I was wearing a life vest, got off free on that one. As long as I’m on the subject any of you guys know what Permanent Dye means? Paul NCA#333
Horshak
Posted 5/18/2007 1:59 PM (#56031 - in reply to #43490)

Uncle Paul, I am Polish so forgive me for trying to answer your question. I seriously think Permanent Dye is when they cannot resuscitate you. Happy crawlering.
Purple Skeeter
Posted 6/7/2007 2:26 PM (#56960 - in reply to #43490)

For those of you in my neck of the woods.... look West young man... it looks like the rain and storms could produce some of the best crawlering in weeks.

Please remember that those of you that are crawlering in this weekend's NCA/Merc/Cool Whip Nationals have to be off the lawn by Friday at midnight (would not make any sense if it were 12 noon.. would it). Rumor has it that many of the members that have been pre-crawlering have had a pretty hot bite..err pick going for the last week with many large crawlers being reported.

If threatening weather approaches, remember to take shelter tonight....

Purple Skeeter

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... >
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)