Walleye Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]

Walleye Fishing -> General Discussion -> Green Bay lodging

Message Subject: Green Bay lodging
tmiller
Posted 6/14/2007 12:32 PM (#57333)
Subject: Green Bay lodging

The wife and I are planning on a trip to fish Green Bay the 4th week of July. We would like to stay in the Green Bay area in order to be able to fish either side of the bay and eliminate some road travel. Would appreciate any suggestions on area lodging that is secure (bringing our own boat), has ample parking, and appreciates the needs of fisherman. Thanks in advance for your help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Shep
Posted 6/14/2007 2:21 PM (#57334 - in reply to #57333)
Subject: RE: Green Bay lodging

I think it's called the Sportsman Motel on Velp ave. no frills lodging, with a very reasonable price. Heck, HG and Sunshine stay there. How bad can it be?

Anyway, there are several other chain motels around, and one with a waterpark. But for a good deal, and the best location to get to either side of the bay, I'd stay at the Sportsman.
Cheri
Posted 6/14/2007 2:29 PM (#57335 - in reply to #57333)

Call Chris at the Sportsmans - Great Food, Great People. It's on Velp Avenue
hgmeyer
Posted 6/14/2007 3:43 PM (#57341 - in reply to #57333)

It is a "casual" lodging opportunity... but fridge and microwave... Park your boat outside your door or at the worst a couple of hundred feet away.. And, the food and service are good... Very reasonable... They apprciate the fishing crowd!
just there
Posted 6/14/2007 4:07 PM (#57343 - in reply to #57333)

I was just there and really like the Comfort Suites off Shawano. It was by the Fleet Farm, Gander, and Pamp's Marine. 10 minutes to Metro launch, 15 minutes to Suamico, 30 minutes or so to Oconto right on 41.

I emailed ahead and got a fantastic rate. Super restaurant, etc. Nicest place I've ever stayed fishing, they gave me a suite for $75/night.

Parking was super too, nice staff, free breakfast (omelette, waffles, etc.)

I can't say enough about how nice this place is.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)